7th gen (2009-14) Maxima alternator replacement help

I got my mechman alt and wanted to put it in. I havent seen any tutorials or much instruction on the 7th gen maxima alt job but i went about it as if it was a 6th gen or lower. I removed all the bolts to the compressor and moved that as far down as i could but theres a frame blocking the area underneath the compressor. I unhooked everything for the alternator. And tried to wiggle it out through the access bay in the front rear wheel well And no go. I was stuck between the frame of the wheel well and the compressor. Come to find out after reading some manuals i found it says remove tcm, remove battery tray, remove cooling fans, then remove compressor..THEN remove alternator. But all it says is remove doesnt telle where to remove it at. So now im thinking i have to completely take out thw compressor and i dont have the evac pump to do that and they dnt rent it in ca. I had to put everything back together. HAS ANYONE ON HERE EVER DONE THIS TO A 7TH GEN MAX? HELP ME OUT PLEASE i worked on this car for 13 hours and all i got done was the big 3.

You need trunk space to get groceries and shit...bitches love groceries

On my 6th gen Max the factory manual said remove the compressor in order to remove the alt.However, I believe on my6thgen.org forum there was a post on a guy who upgraded his 6th gen with a Ohio h.o alt and didn't remove the compressor.Do a search for it on google.

That is possible but 1st you have to decharge the freon thats in there and then if you dont evacuate the ac system after opening it you could have problems and i dont have an evac pump and they dont rent it out here in california

You need trunk space to get groceries and shit...bitches love groceries

Archived