Raymief Posted February 23, 2016 Report Posted February 23, 2016 First... HOW DO I POST A PICTURE?! I'm building a box for my truck. This is my first box built attempt. I have read a bunch of literature in the past 24 hrs about tuning and the different variables involved. Could I get yalls input on how you'd finish this box, please! Truck: 1995 2nd Gen Dodge Ram 2500 Single Cab Subs: (2) JL 10"w6 Amplifiers: (2) Mono Alpine 500.1 Box Inner Dimensions: 49" long 20" Tall 11.5" Width @ Bottom 7" Width @ Top 3/4" MDF used Port holes 1.25" If neither of these two ideas are worth a damn please let me know the correct way to finish this box! Two questions... Am I using too much air port travel for the layout on the left? And will the rounded edges and corners make any difference, or am I just wasting time with those? Thanks in advance!!!!!!
CleanSierra Posted February 23, 2016 Report Posted February 23, 2016 When you say "port holes 1.25" what do you mean by that? Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
CleanSierra Posted February 23, 2016 Report Posted February 23, 2016 Also, are there supposed to be pictures? I'm missing something and don't see 2 designs. Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
Raymief Posted February 23, 2016 Author Report Posted February 23, 2016 One design has baffles that direct the air out, like other common vented enclosures. The space between each baffle or baffle and inside wall is 1.25" . Is there any way I can upload a picture? EDIT: I Will get to a computer and post the pics, I don't think my phone will let me. Sorry for the confusion
CleanSierra Posted February 23, 2016 Report Posted February 23, 2016 I use Photobucket to upload the pics there, then copy the IMG tag and paste it here in a comment. Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
CleanSierra Posted February 23, 2016 Report Posted February 23, 2016 I was just trying to make sense of your wording saying "port holes". I was picturing a 1.25" circle port and was like NOOOOOOOOO! Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
CleanSierra Posted February 23, 2016 Report Posted February 23, 2016 Are you trying to get an idea of which port is the better design port wise? The L-port is the more efficient one. The labyrinth port you have is NOT efficient. Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
Raymief Posted February 23, 2016 Author Report Posted February 23, 2016 Thanks, photobucket made that really simple. The pics arnt great quality, but the tape represents where the 3/4" MDF will be, the space between baffles will be a little bit larger than they look in the pics.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.