holley hp 125 fuel pump issue

so i have a holley hp fuel pump and no fuel flow. . i got gas last week and it drive for about a mile and hesitated ,i floored it and ity drove a bit more then died. looked under the car and i hear the pump working (electric) look at the pressure gauge and its at zero. look into the fuel bowls sight plug and its empty.

so i pull the fuel line off and point it at the ground turn the key and gas comes out. reconnect and we drive half way to home and it does it again . same thing all over again. reconnect the hose and we made it home..

2 days ago i think the fuel filter may be dirty with crap from the gas station ,so i replace it . check ground and power 9comming of of a relay that's wired right) and turn the key again and fuel pressure is low again . checked on a cold car this time

so i take the regulator apart to see if that could be the issue and its not. its up front by the way

now its set up as a generic paper filter in the metal can type of deal from the parts store its about 6 inches long and 3 high give or take.. connected to the inlet of said fuel pump then the out goes up front to the regulator then to the carb.. to me it seems like a vapor lock problem but it cant be as when i changed the fuel filter the car was cold..

nothing changed since i had the pump on there since jan the first . same setup as the other blue pump ihad on there.. no lines are by anything hot but fuel dosent wanna make it up there. and the pump is mounted low under the tank also .

any ideas before i use this for a paperweight and put my blue pump back on?

its a gerotor design if that makes a difference.. was about to go outside now and remove the fuel filter to see if thats a restriction on the inlet side but thought i would ask questions first .

if my ears dont buzz. you need more ..

• 2 weeks later...

Archived