Passive xover question .

Cwallaker

If the X-over was designed for 4Ω speakers and you use it with 8Ω speakers the X-over frequency will change for both drivers. For instance a 1st order hi-pass filter for a 4Ω tweet with a X-over frequency of 3kHz would require a 13.25uf cap. If you replace the 4Ω tweet with an 8Ω the X-over frequency would go down to 1.5kHz. If you replaced the 4Ω mid-woofer with an 8Ω the frequency would go up to 6kHz.

2011 Chevy Silverado LT 5.3L 4x4 Ext.-cab

"Enjoy yourself. It's later than you think."

If the X-over was designed for 4Ω speakers and you use it with 8Ω speakers the X-over frequency will change for both drivers. For instance a 1st order hi-pass filter for a 4Ω tweet with a X-over frequency of 3kHz would require a 13.25uf cap. If you replace the 4Ω tweet with an 8Ω the X-over frequency would go down to 1.5kHz. If you replaced the 4Ω mid-woofer with an 8Ω the frequency would go up to 6kHz.

It's 12 db hi pass ,and 6db low pass x over point is 2500hz . So I guess I wouldn't want to use it on 8ohm tweeters for sure . I run active in my truck ,so I wanted to use these passive's in a 2 way for my garage . Prolly just find some 4ohm speakers . Thanks for the info man!

Archived