New head unit different sound (help)

I just installed a pioneer Avh-X4800BS in my 08 Grand Prix. It replaced a single din Sony. I have 2 12 inch Fi BL's and a Rockford T1500-1BDCP and a custom box I built designed here from Joe X. So that's all my equipment, now the problem. Before replacing the Sony with the new Pioneer double din I had good bass response from my subs. Now I'm getting a real tight bass I wasn't getting before. I set the head unit and amp with the DD-1 so I know I'm not distorted. I also set all the X-overs correctly I think. The subs were set at 80hz with a 12db slope until recently I switched it to 60hz with a 12db slope instead thinking it might not be so tight, but it is. Does this sound normal? Could the Sony I had in it previously went bad and now that I have a brand new deck I'm hearing shit I wasn't before? It doesn't sound like a healthy punchy bass to me. The X-over on the amp was set to 120hz I even turned that down a little hoping it'd help. It might have a little, but it's still not responding like it used to. It's driving me crazy I find myself turning it down a lot and that's not my style I like bumping my shit wherever I go. What can I do to troubleshoot the problem? Any suggestion appreciated, thanks.

It sounds similar to bumping a sub outside of a box. It's a really tight almost tin can sound but the subs are fine, not blown.

First off, you didn't answer my question, you simply stated some fact that wasn't really related. Next, what? Are you unsure how your own gear is hooked up? Are you unable to tell what signal is running where?

I'm no genius when it comes to audio I did install everything myself. Yes I'm setting the eq's. Everything up to 120hz is set below the flat line everything after that slightly increases over flat. I know if I shut off my subs I don't get that tight bass so it's not coming from my components. I do have a bass knob and the way I set that has changed. Before I would have it about 3/4 the way up and now It sits halfway.

Same concept, For the lower frequencies I kept them -db's and slightly positive db's for mids n highs.I watched a video about the eq's on my new deck and realized I have everything negative db up to 500hz not 120 like I said before of the top of my head. I realized too I'm gonna try to set a steeper slope on my sub X-over maybe that'll help.

Archived