Coryship Posted February 29, 2016 Report Posted February 29, 2016 First timer! Have a issue with adding a better amp & sub to the ford Sony system in a 2015 Superduty. Swapped out the front door speaker & added a JL13 tw5 in custom box behind the rear seat. The problem starts with distortion on the factory sub channel! Already fried a sni35, lc2i seems to be shorty following! Also have tried high level into a kicker amp, worked for a while. Smoked input circuit! Took it to the best shop in my area, they are having just as hard of a time as I am! Really just want to add a better amp to push the JL sub! Currently I've tried pulling signal from front doors only, plays hell on the factory Sony amp! Tried pulling signal from the rear door, (read in other forums that rear door are the only full range channel) this truck has no full range signal there either! Right now I have a lc2i pulling signal from factory Sony amp sub out! My problem with that is there is distortion on that line as well! Please any help greatly appreciated!!! Already have done a bit 1 in my 2015 f150, just want to make the work truck a little more enjoyable to drive in! Not really trying to do the whole system upgrade. Like I said first timer!
M80 Posted February 29, 2016 Report Posted February 29, 2016 The sub outputs do not have a clean signal from what I've read. I have a '15 fusion with the Sony system and tapped into the front mids and tweeters with a 3sixty.3. After normalization and summing, I have a clean, full range signal.
Coryship Posted February 29, 2016 Author Report Posted February 29, 2016 Any options with out a Processor?
Robert8252 Posted February 29, 2016 Report Posted February 29, 2016 Nope, JL cleansweep will work which is what I used. The factory signal is dirty as crap, you should be able to pull the signal from the front mids or rears but it still will likely be EQ to crap or cutoff in the really low range. 2013 F150 Crew Cab Old Build Log Feedback 2013 F150 Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff
Coryship Posted February 29, 2016 Author Report Posted February 29, 2016 Do I have to sum rear channel mid & high? (This truck has a tweet in the rear doors & a mid in the rear pillars) to keep fader?
M80 Posted February 29, 2016 Report Posted February 29, 2016 If you pull from rear mids you shouldn't have to. Keep in mind all of the sync features operate off the front doors.
Coryship Posted February 29, 2016 Author Report Posted February 29, 2016 Thanks for the help. At this point I guess it's time to pick what kind of processor... Bit Ten, 3.sixty.3, or clean sweep, or audio control. Only upgraded front doors w/ some type r components. Started really with just the intent to add sub, & upgrade front stage. Think it would do any thing to leave factory Sony amp pushing front center, rear door highs, rear pillar mids?!
Coryship Posted February 29, 2016 Author Report Posted February 29, 2016 Another big question is about the mic's! Any need to remove or disconnect them? Is the Ford/Sony system able to trim signal under high spl levels?
M80 Posted March 2, 2016 Report Posted March 2, 2016 The 3 sixty works great for me. I wouldn't use any of the stock speakers as there would be a phase issue. No need to remove the mic.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.