Sundown Audio

cadence pheniox any good?

Kain Hirsch-hall

because im going to find out first hand.... already hit buy.

m alpine PDX 1.1000 died.... and 6 months is just too long with out subs. shut car off, got back in 3 hours later, no subs.
doesnt even go into protect, 12 V at terminals with key off..... 6 volts with key on! and its all shorted out inside...with no sings of damage!

180 bucks is a good deal.... even if i only get 300 W, its still better than nothing.

and from what i hear.... that first gen PDX wasnt the best amp.....

anyway..... anyone ever clamp or O- scope a "united series" amp before?

hopefully it will do at least 800W......

ive got an OLD fucking school eclipse 4640 (40w rms at 4 ohm but under rated as fuck.... my 2 6x9s sound like 2 10 inch subs....) and it would be jsut amazing if i would be getting rated or slightly over.

You are going to like it way more than your pdx amp, PDX amps were designed to roll off hard at 40hz, thats how they kept them so small. the pdx was 10db down from 40hz-30hz during an output test using term lab burps, all my other amplifiers I tested in the system all were within 2 db at 30hz, after that I never recommended their amps. That cadence line is solid for the price and has good sq.

DB DRAG PSYCHLONE PRO 156.3 30 SECOND AVERAGE FO MAX AT 26HZ

LEGAL DASH DRIVER DOOR OPEN 158.0@30 HZ

MY BEST SO FAR, HOPEFULLY A 160 COME FEBUARY.

156.9@26hz  158.0@30hz

fuckn sweet.

i was wondering about that..... i ran a few freq sweeps from 10 hertz to 10 K hertz.....

started out good, then fell flat on its face before the 6x9s came in added some support. (before i had subs, i drove my 6x9s HARD!...they had more "high" bass...) from 200 to 10k was damn flat however....im going for a more SQ rock and roll rig vs BOOM BOOM BOOM

the eclipse 4640 amp... rated 40w rms x4 at 4ohm..... does more like 60 to 80...... its old but gold! love that amp

anyway, thanks....
like i said, ill like 40W tube power better than no watt!

dude i cant fucking wait!

my poor 99 buick century has no idea whats on the way....

Archived