sundownfuntown Posted March 16, 2016 Report Posted March 16, 2016 I know this topic must have been posted but I can't seem to find it. I have a sundown x15 dual 4 ohm on a hifonics brz.2400 with a kinektic hc1400 powercell. I have did the big 3 upgrade in 4 gauge I have all 4 gauge wire and 8 gauge speaker wire. The box is sundown recommend 4.50 cubes after port and displacement and is tuned to 32hz. Well I noticed when I play songs like coca cola decafed my sub will get warm to the touch and have a smell idk if its my voice coil. But when I play songs like trunk music by yella wolf not decafed I can turn it up and jam and it won't really get warm and the smell is not there. I did also tune my amp with a multimeter on a 40hz test tone. Thanks for the help Evan.
MotorCityFats13 Posted March 16, 2016 Report Posted March 16, 2016 decaf is probably dipping less than the 32hz tuning.... its a sign the sub is unloading
sundownfuntown Posted March 16, 2016 Author Report Posted March 16, 2016 Yea I noticed it making like a poping noise so I turned it down and didn't turn it back up guess I'll have to stay away from decaf
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.