Tweeter Suggestions Help!

focalrock4life

I have my midranges (whip audio) and their frequency responce is 80hz-5khz and I need some upper range fill (5khz & up) so a tweeter is in order. But I need suggestions.

I was going to go with Whip tweets but they arent in production yet or perhaps Focal TN47, however in the past I have had very bad experinces with them blowing..

they will be running active using my 9887 for processing and will have crossovers on them.

Please NO PA horn suggestion like eminence or seleniums..

thanks SMD

A quick search on the web shows that the Whip tweeters are metal titanium domes (??), and are probably very bright when matched to that mid. If these are going up front, you have to decide if you want the brightest tweets you can get, or if you want something a little smoother, quieter.

After spending some time with very bright tweeters in my car, I decided they were to much for me, and switched to some Dayton 6 ohm tweets from parts express, 6 ohms to quiet them down.

Also take a look at madisound.com for SEAS tweets, they are pretty nice, too. I have experience with Kicker tweets in the past and they were very bright and loud, and very good down low at 3500 hz, they were the old D20, but I'm sure the newer ones are good, too.

Nothing wrong with Focals, but I'm not a big fan of them, either.

PTCary

2003 SMD PT Cruiser

2011 Honda CBR 250R

2010 Mazda 3i Sport

MY BUILD LOG

A quick search on the web shows that the Whip tweeters are metal titanium domes (??), and are probably very bright when matched to that mid. If these are going up front, you have to decide if you want the brightest tweets you can get, or if you want something a little smoother, quieter.

After spending some time with very bright tweeters in my car, I decided they were to much for me, and switched to some Dayton 6 ohm tweets from parts express, 6 ohms to quiet them down.

Also take a look at madisound.com for SEAS tweets, they are pretty nice, too. I have experience with Kicker tweets in the past and they were very bright and loud, and very good down low at 3500 hz, they were the old D20, but I'm sure the newer ones are good, too.

Nothing wrong with Focals, but I'm not a big fan of them, either.

Thanks or the suggestion! Ive heard good things about SEAS tweets. I'll look into them. Keep the suggestions comming, Im looking for something that will keep up with the sound of the whips because the whips arent harsh at all. so something smooth sounding is what im after and yes they are going up front.

Thanks or the suggestion! Ive heard good things about SEAS tweets. I'll look into them. Keep the suggestions comming, Im looking for something that will keep up with the sound of the whips because the whips arent harsh at all. so something smooth sounding is what im after and yes they are going up front.

Jst looked at the OST-25's from O2 Audio and Neil Barber used to run them (idk if he still does) so they must be atleast decent..

Archived