anyone know about fords and 3G upgrades

i havent read this entire thread but i have a 5.0 mustang 1992 motor, it had a 2g alternator on it. i bought a 3g upgrade kit(its like a plug that plugs into a 3g) and put a 3g in the same spot 2g was, i did have to grind some of the bracket away to fit the larger 3g housing. it was easy. the 3 g that fits into same bracket is for a 94-95 mustang with 5.0 engine

later I got a 320 amp alternator from mechman and installed it, it was a self exciting alternator so the plug was useless then.

this is the wrong site to look on for information about this upgrade, this upgrade has been done literally thousands of times and there are hundreds of threads on other forums about this.

your looking for information about broncos, go to 1 of the 20 bronco forums

Kenwood excelon ddx795

3 370 amp CES alternators (audio side only)           
       McLaren dome tweeters                                   Crescendo 6.5 ultra neos 
                                                 NVX JAD800.4
                                            4 PA x4 SPL 18's
                     4 Digital Designs m5's at .7 ohms each
        2 K2 80 ah lithiums

3 group 31 agms                                       Ledglow million color (12 piece)

2007 Yukon xl

More looking for info on the mechman alt posted(I guess I should have just called them) wandering If it would work I know how to do the upgrade that shouldn't be a problem. Did plenty of reading on it. I've decided to do what MotorCityFats suggested going to do the upgrade with a reman 130amp alt and worry about getting a HO alt down the road. Stock alternator I'm using now is like 50amp or something like that and starting to make a lot of noise bearings are going bad on it so I'm ready for a new one.

Archived