Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Building a under seat box for a 2012 Silverado 2500


Seyzar18

Recommended Posts

Posted

I have 4 skar ma-8s that i want to put under the rear seat, powered by skar 1500.1. I built a box for 3 of them before I bought the lastone and i couldn't get it to sound good at all. I tried at 35 hz and kept getting a lot of port noise and it just didn't have any power behind it. The box i have built now is 2.78 cuft- what would you recommend for tuning 35 like its recommended? And then where would you put the port? Some say don't do it in the middle blowing forward, some say do one on each end etc? What would be the best design/layout for port on this box

Posted

Generally speaking you want your port mouth near the perimeter of the vehicle, so that would be why people recommend against having it fire forward in the middle. Usually firing out the side is known to work well.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Posted

I couldn't tell you which would sound better, using one common chamber and port will be the most space efficient though.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 2355 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...