Second Skin Audio

Help with 2 JBL GT5-10D

Jonathan91

What amp are you going to be using? What kind of truck is this going in?

You should have enough room for a ported box. You could use either a slot port, or two 4" aero might work too, depends on how much power you are going to be running.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

This should work well for what you want to do:

gipSM14.png\

Its 2.1 cubes net tuned to 30 Hz.

All panels except the top and bottom are 9.5" wide. You can mount the subs on the front or on the top, whichever you think will work better in your truck.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."

Builds:

Nice! Thanks. Ill try this out as soon as i can. Is there any way of making the port hole be on the front?

Sure I could wrap it around the side and port it out the front, but porting out the side usually works better in truck cabs.

Builds:

I would adjust the box size then to give you some space between the port and the door, but leave that port firing at the door. The reason i say this is i had 4 12 alpine type R's with port forward and subs forward in my Colorado crew cab, it sounded like shit. I flipped the box...subs up port up and it sounded wayyyy better.

Here it is with the port firing forward. My recommendation would be to find a way to have it fire out the side if possible. The port only needs a couple inches of breathing room between it and the door.

1MsenIe.png

Builds:

Archived