Second Skin Audio

Box build for 4 DC Audio 18 xl's

xile

Looking for some ideas on building a box for 4 18 xl's. They will be powered by a dc 9kw @ 1 ohm. I would like to be able to use the box daily and possibly compete with it. Info im looking for is tuning and port design. My max with is 48" its going in the back of a 01 suburban with 3rd row removed. I've built a box for my kickers here http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/181440-need-a-little-help-with-a-box-for-2-15-kicker-l3s/ but this build is on a whole new level. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks

I would do some serious research on 6th orders and give it a shot. 6th orders will do some good numbers especially with all that SA plus you have the space to do it and itll sound good. you could just do a 4th but that's too easy lol. just keep the port big and aim for 35-40hz.

No room for an efficient 6 th order unless you wall. If they are m2 xls they wouldn't do all that great in a 6th anyways.

Sounds like you want a standard ported box. You should start by figuring out your max dimensions you have to work with for the box and post them up here. Make sure there will still be room for amps and batts and stuff as well. We don't all have suburbans we can go measure for you lol.

Team NorthWestSPL

16-18 cubes net keep hight at seat line tune to 37 u need to wire lower than 1 ohm to get some power

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

Archived