Second Skin Audio

Port area

kmb504

With that amp those subs are only going to see about 500 watts split between them, so you can get away with pretty low port area. 30 sq in should be fine, however I'd recommend giving them 50 sq in so you can run higher power down the road. With 50 sq in you will be good up to the RMS rating of 1200 watts, and would probably be fine with even more power than that.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Since I haven't gotten the 3rd sub yet and I don't want to have to get a new amp, I'll rebuild a new box. I've never used aeroports before but I want too. I figure a 6" port should be enough port area but there's no way I can fit a 26" run in my box. The box will be 2cuft. So can I run 2 3" ports, or should I do the 6" port and do a tee to achieve the desired length.

Well first off, two 3" ports does NOT equal one 6". It takes four 3" ports to equal one 6" and they would all have to be about 26" long just like the single 6" port did anyway.

I agree that a single 6" should be great for two subs. To get the needed length you can have some of port external, or you can put a sweep in it, though those are expensive and can be hard to fit too.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."

Builds:

A sweep is a 90 degree bend, but its more gradual. It has a larger radius of turn than an elbow does.

This is an elbow:

28301p.jpg

And this is a sweep:

41luS7cs2gL._SX342_.jpg

Builds:

Archived