Second Skin Audio

Blow Through box design 2-15"- 98 style OBS chevy crew cab LB

Looking to do a Blow through on my 98 chevy k3500 crew cab long box truck. i had the 3 12'' in cab and i find it ruins the interior being so cluttered. I decided to get 2 15" AB XFL's, i have a RF t2500bdcp powering them. My electrical is pretty efficient id say. It stays over 13.8v at all times. Cutting to the chase, this would be my first blow through, i found the accordian boot that i need between my cab and box. Im not 100% sure on what kind of enclosure i should run. my demensions are 62" long x 17.5" high x 24" Deep(max- can be less). Im decent at designing basic subwoofers enclosures... If some one out there has spare time to sketch something up for me? im really not picky.
would like each 15'' sitting in 4-4.5cuft. subs on each side on a slight angle and port located in the center.

I also see people make a contour going into the accordian boot, i was gonna make the enclosure face pull into the cab 1-2inches.

Like i said ive never done one before, some decent pointers would be great.

I also heard i should go with bandpass? if that makes any sense.

Let me know if any of you can help me out please. Thanks !

Orion 2500D , 2-10" alpine type X. Custom enclosure,
Alpine amp for mids and highs.
Working on a center channel ATM

I have a 2 15" blowthrough setup right now and it is miles ahead of any other configuration ive ran with subs in the cab. i think 4 cubes per sub is going to be too much with the power you plan to push those XFLs with, 2.5-3 imo would be alot better. You wont be able to have the box in the cab (you mentioned having the face just in the cab) unless you plan to make the truck a unibody. The frame twist will either crack your box or bend the cab, or both.

Ok, well when I researched blow through's i see alot of people that stick it in the cab.. How else do you think i can get the box to seal to the bed of the truck to assure the bass is going into the cab?

Im kinda lost on that part.

Why do you think 4cu is too big? Because im over powering them?

Orion 2500D , 2-10" alpine type X. Custom enclosure,
Alpine amp for mids and highs.
Working on a center channel ATM

You can seal the box to the bed, just not the bed and the cab. The only way I've figured to actually have it in the cab is to have the cutout slight larger than the face of the enclosure that would allow for some twisting. Or weld the cab to the bed, that's what I did and have had no issues.

27zk7kn.jpg

The trim around my enclosure is 3/16 steel angle that connects the bed to the cab.

Archived