Second Skin Audio

21" basket swap

noser7

Hello guys i have a quick question. My fi n2 12" has a blown voice coil. I can just recone it str8 from FI for 130.

Orrrrrr i recently have seen ebay sales a 21" basket, and cone for sale. My questio is, can i use that basket and cone to use with my N2 motor? if so im sure i have to grab an 8 layer voicecoil and a spider pack with leads and a spider spacer aswell right? Anybody have any 1st hand expirence with a swap such as this?

Again. ANY HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED. I know many people will be waiting for answers toooooo

• 7 months later...

sounds like a horrible idea... no idea it the mounting it correct... coil gap... specs might just be some randomness... You might be happy you might not... For sure what Fi makes will work and sound great.... I'd stick with manufacturer equipment.

Also how did you blow it? cuz you might risk doing the same even with a recone if you don't know the cause.

On 5/8/2016 at 0:47 PM, noser7 said:

Hello guys i have a quick question. My fi n2 12" has a blown voice coil. I can just recone it str8 from FI for 130.

Orrrrrr i recently have seen ebay sales a 21" basket, and cone for sale. My questio is, can i use that basket and cone to use with my N2 motor? if so im sure i have to grab an 8 layer voicecoil and a spider pack with leads and a spider spacer aswell right? Anybody have any 1st hand expirence with a swap such as this?

Again. ANY HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED. I know many people will be waiting for answers toooooo

Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear)

beaker- I know this sounds like a lot of anime bullshit, but it is true.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived