Need laptop recommendations

I don't know what any of tbat means.

I just need it to run the helix software

RAM is your random access memory. When you are utilizing more than one program at a time, it can take up a lot of your memory... When your memory is maxed out all of the time, you get a slow computer. If you add more, it can be a night and day difference.

• 3 weeks later...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B011KFQASE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I don't know if you're still looking for a laptop or about your budget, but for anyone else who may be looking through here, this is a pretty good laptop for the money. We've had one for a few months with no problems at all, and we just bought a second one. Stock, it has an i3 processor, 4G of RAM, and a 500G hard drive. I upgraded both out of the box with Kingston SSDs which made a significant improvement. As well as the newer one is getting an 8G stick of Crucial DDR3 RAM to go with the 4G of RAM that is soldered to the motherboard. Currently $370 with Prime shipping, or $400-$430 with my out of the box upgrades. With the upgrades this laptop should be plenty for moderate web browsing as well as any lightweight to medium load programs you want to run on it.

Archived