Second Skin Audio

2002 dodge ram quad cab subs?.. 2 JL TW1, TW3, or Alpine SWR-T12

i'm thinking about buying a new box for subs and sending back my tw1's and going with a 12 w3v3 or alpine type-r. or possibly a w6. or possibly a sundown if its a better choice. check out these boxes it may solve my problem..

http://www.foxacoustics.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=DQC-212-V .. this one is vented 1.55 cu per sub.. only 270 shipped... http://www.amazon.com/Acoustics-Dodge-Vented-Speaker-2002-2015/dp/B00D7THO1E/ref=sr_1_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1464931375&sr=1-1&keywords=dodge+ram+fox+box

https://www.netaudiowf.com/store/dodge-ram-2/2002-2016-dodge-ram-quad-cab-sub-box-dual-tall/ now for the more expensive non vented fiberglass one but it will accomodate a larger speaker this one is 2x as much plus another $100 $614 shipped. kind of rediculous imo but if its worth it i'll get it... the other one takes up more space but it looks nicer and can fit most subs in it.. what do you guys think?

Dude you must have been typing at the same time as me. Looks like your on the right track. Still the sun downs are your best bet. I've spent hours researching this trust me. The only other sub I thought about was the dc level 2 12". It's near the same class as the sun downs but I think not quite as good so I'm going with the sa subs.

I'm actually looking at the SA-12s now but if i'm right they are $400 per sub? and take 750 watts a piece. I only have a 1000 watt rms amp.. Would it be better to just go with a 1 speaker setup? I would have a hard time spending $800 on 2 subs.. i mean if i went with the cheaper fox box it would make up for it, but still i'm stuck with a 1000 watt amp and i really dont want to upgrade it. how hot would it make my amp get? I want some booming bass but it dont have to be where i go def.. but i would like to show it off a little bit here and there. would 2 type-r's sound as good as one sa-12 or better? jl w3's? I dont want to have to upgrade my whole setup dammit, lol.

The sundown sa subs are only a little over 200 each . .

With the space you have I would go with 8s or 10s

Clarion cz702

Ssa evil mids and tweeters

ppi 900.4

2 zcon 18s

Taramps 10k

3 big dekas 1 xs

3 runs of 4/0 and big 3

300+ amp ohio generator

155.7 on dash at 36 (peak) 152 at 25

The sundown sa subs are only a little over 200 each . .

With the space you have I would go with 8s or 10s

With the boxes i listed above space would not be an issue. I just dont know which box to choose that i listed above.

http://store.soundsolutionsaudio.com/categories/sub-woofers/soundsolutionsaudio/gcon.html

Not forsure if these will fit your enclosure or not but there really nice subs

Clarion cz702

ppi 900.4

2 zcon 18s

Taramps 10k

3 big dekas 1 xs

3 runs of 4/0 and big 3

300+ amp ohio generator

I believe this set is the rev1's or rev2's? I dont see where it says rev3 anywhere on the site. I want to be sure im getting the newest model.

I think I changed my mind on the subs I"m getting. I think I"m going with the Sundown rev3's or maybe the sundown E type? Anyhow should I go with 1 12 or 2-12's? Should I go with a 10 or 10's over the 12's? What size will hit the low bass better? Oh and the SA rev3 12's are pre-order? have they not been released yet?

Also from up at top of page which box you think I should go with? the fiberglass for $615 (WOW thats expensive) or the bigger wooden ported box 1.55cu ft for $270? Would the fiberglass be better or not? Is it worth the price difference. both boxes will fit the sundown SA's. the one for 270 wont fit a jl w6 but the fiberglass box will so i think its a tad deeper, but its not ported, I believe its a sealed enclosure.

Is there any good audio shops near you that could build you an enclosure? Its way better to have an enclosure designed and built for the subs you get and that fits your needs. . Where in Indiana are you?

Clarion cz702

ppi 900.4

2 zcon 18s

Taramps 10k

3 big dekas 1 xs

3 runs of 4/0 and big 3

300+ amp ohio generator

I would get the fox box for too twelves. Get the sa-12's because the recommended air space for them is 1.5-2 ported. So they should come out almost right. I'm pretty sure the motor on the ten and twelve sa subs is the same but you should get lower bass out of the twelves.

I will let you know Wednesday what it sounds like. Got some coming. I'm only going to have about 650 on my subs.

You can get the 12" sa subs at a couple of places right now. Most are the rev 3's cause they have been out for a little while now.

Down4soundshop.com has the dual 2 ohm voice coils which is what you'd need to run two subs at 2 ohm or 4 ohm. There $209 shipped each.

You can also get b stock subs at caraudiobargain.com for $175 shipped. They are new subs just may have a blemish on the paint or something.

Archived