Sundown Audio

looking for small class D amp for 2- sundown 12" SA-12v3's?

infamous23

after much debate about my current system. I'm deciding to do a fresh install. I'm thinking of doing 1-ohm. dont really know the difference between the ohms. but for going 1 ohm, I currently have jx1000/1d amp which i dont think is enough power for 2 SA-12. I will never go more than 2 speakers and can't fit anything larger than a SA-12 in my speaker box, it will fit a alpine type-r. So the amp has to mount below my seat in my truck so i can't have extremely long amp. one reason i went with the jx1000/1d in first place.

i was looking at the sundown sae-1500d amp but the amp looks like its 14-16 inches long by wathcing the videos.. one the sale websites it says only 12 inch long, but by watching youtube videos theres no way that thing is 12 inches long. wish it was though..

so i came up across this amp http://store.soundsolutionsaudio.com/products/crescendo-audio-symphony-s1500-1-1500-watts-x-1-mono-block.html the crescendo s1500.1... its only 9 1/2 inches long.. i like that.. on youtube they did some benches and it was getting 1700rms @ 1ohm.. would that be a good amp to go with or is there a better amp than that around the same size and price or cheaper possible smaller?

is a 1-ohm setup the best way to go? my current setup is a 2-ohm.

I'd suggest this instead:

http://www.amazon.com/FSD-Audio-1600-Watt-Monoblock-Amplifier/dp/B00WZUC4C0

If you go 2 OHM, i'd get a Alpine MRX-M110.

weird crutchfield... just weird...

Product Highlights:
  • mono subwoofer car amplifier
  • 650 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms (1,100 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms)
  • 800 watts RMS x 1 at 1 ohm
  • CEA-2006 compliant
  • variable low-pass filter (50-400 Hz, 24 dB/octave)
  • variable bass boost (0-12 dB at 50 Hz)
  • variable subsonic filter (5-30 Hz, 24 dB/octave)
  • optional remote level control (RUX-KNOB)
  • Class D amp with MOSFET power supply
  • preamp and speaker-level inputs
  • preamp outputs
  • fuse rating: 25A x 4
  • 4-gauge power and ground leads recommended — wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
  • 13-3/8"W x 2-5/16"H x 9-1/16"D

Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear)

beaker- I know this sounds like a lot of anime bullshit, but it is true.

• 2 weeks later...

after much debate about my current system. I'm deciding to do a fresh install. I'm thinking of doing 1-ohm. dont really know the difference between the ohms. but for going 1 ohm, I currently have jx1000/1d amp which i dont think is enough power for 2 SA-12. I will never go more than 2 speakers and can't fit anything larger than a SA-12 in my speaker box, it will fit a alpine type-r. So the amp has to mount below my seat in my truck so i can't have extremely long amp. one reason i went with the jx1000/1d in first place.

i was looking at the sundown sae-1500d amp but the amp looks like its 14-16 inches long by wathcing the videos.. one the sale websites it says only 12 inch long, but by watching youtube videos theres no way that thing is 12 inches long. wish it was though..

so i came up across this amp http://store.soundsolutionsaudio.com/products/crescendo-audio-symphony-s1500-1-1500-watts-x-1-mono-block.html the crescendo s1500.1... its only 9 1/2 inches long.. i like that.. on youtube they did some benches and it was getting 1700rms @ 1ohm.. would that be a good amp to go with or is there a better amp than that around the same size and price or cheaper possible smaller?

is a 1-ohm setup the best way to go? my current setup is a 2-ohm.

Cadence Ultrashock A7HC.

1400-1500rms@1ohm

800-?rms@2ohm

500-?rms@4ohm

For the ohm question, its all about what your sub's are rated for. If possible try to go 2ohm. If not then no biggy, you'll just have to paay attention to the amp. When you drop in ohms on an amp you are able to get more power through your sub's, but it puts more stress on your amp and can cause over heating and possibly burnouts.

I'll explain it like this. Let's say you have a water pump with a hose attached to it. The pump is your amp and the hose will act as your ohms. The pumps job is to make sure that the hose has good pressure. With a smaller hose (4ohms) you might not get as much water but it can easily push out that high preasur without too much stress on the pump. But let's get you a bigger hose (1ohm),... You get more water through but now the pump has to work harder to keep that pressure high.

Hope this helps.

2001 Tahoe

No system. Not even aftermarket headunit.

American Bass makes some pretty decent amps. They have a Phantom Series which is small in size. http://www.americanbassusa.com/Amplifiers/Phantom-Series/PH-4000-MD.html

The PH-4000 MD runs 2,000 watts RMS at 1 ohm and is only 13.4 inches. The SAs sound nice on 1k.

1999 Chevy Blazer LT 4x4 4door

2 Sundown ZV5-15s

Orion HCCA5000.1D

6 Group 31 AGMs with bussbars

Mechman 370 Elite

All 2/0 Welding cable

Pioneer AVH-X5600BHS

Archived