Help me understand battery ratings please

Before we start, yes I have read the posts by XSPower about the differences between D & XP series etc

I have also been researching how to calculate what power I would need.

I just bought a new SCV2000D. I would like to hook it up after my 0 gauge wires get here (upgrading from 4 gauge)

I was under the impression I would be ok just adding a XS Power XP950/D975 ( I think reading amazon comments are what fucked me here)

Then I found the chart that XS Power supplys ( http://4xspower.com/support/wattage-chart/ )

I'm wiring it parallel with my starting battery obviously so do I need to match the 2000watts with my amp? It's a bit more than I want to spend considering I'm redoing everything but the radio and mids literally but I want it done right at the same time...

My driving habits more or less consist of 30 minutes one way on average, possibly some mini road trips this summer so driving for about 1-2hrs. I wouldnt be blasting all 2000watts the whole way but I would imagine a good 1200-1600 easy.

My starter battery has 150RC but no ah rating on it. I understand cca rating doesnt matter for this but just incase its 850.

I believe my stock alt is 120

Thanks in advance, I'm ready to order the battery but I don't want to be wrong.

The xp950 would be fine to help you with keeping up the current draw since you are not completing. And you said you won't be playing at max volume a lot. Now on the other hand alternator produces the power and that 120amp will be maxed out on this setup so any future upgrades I would consider a h.o alt.

The xp950 would be fine to help you with keeping up the current draw since you are not completing. And you said you won't be playing at max volume a lot. Now on the other hand alternator produces the power and that 120amp will be maxed out on this setup so any future upgrades I would consider a h.o alt.

Thanks for clearing that up, I wanted to do a alt but I'm trying the cost effective route first and a alternator will come after sometime. Whats the go to volt meter to use now? I saw stinger discontinued theirs so was something wrong with it?

Archived