Charger939 Posted June 30, 2016 Report Posted June 30, 2016 Hi everyone. lurked for a while since i got back into the car audio scene. i got me a sweet 2007 SRT8 charger superbee #939 out of 1000 build. i got the right now got my 12w6's in a sealed box i had in my Durango. it sounds ok. but the seats, as in all cars take some away from the woofers and makes your trunk like a SOB. my can with 2 options. the boston acoustic, or the kicker. mine came with the kicker. i have a helix spxl 1000 amp pushing the w6's gently for now. 1600watts are more than JL likes. but i bought amp thinking of adding a 3rd to make a trio or ported or sealed in my trunk. as i was deadening my car's rear desk there is a *'hole that is for the boston acoustic sub in an IB mode. so my mind went thinking about 4th orders i was thinking of making a 4th order with 2 or 2 W6's. have the cones face the sealed side with a window of 3/4" lexan and the rear of the subs into the ported side. for cooling and being able to smell a smoked coil. I want the single *8" port to be extended to the the deck lid thru where the Boston sub would have been. so this would reduce rattles and pressure in my trunk while venting the sound into the cabin for miminal sound loss. its been a while since doing a 4th order or any box for that matter, but i have done them. no were going to be exact perfect measurements to what i need it to sound awesome. i did do some things thru winisd and i got a tiny ballpark idea and help. here are my questions" if i use 2-3 subs, and the sealed side is 1cuft. if i add 2 or 3 subs, would i need to make the sealed side 3cuft? or could it be smaller? like 1.5 or so? how much does port size gi into effect of the length the port needs to be. say like the length of the port 6" to 8" how much would it effect the length and the tuned freq? the rear of the seat is angled, so there is 2.5in difference i could use from the bottom to the top of the box. would adding this space to the vented side be ok or problematic due to the the angle on the ported side. should i just dont worry about it and leave the box totally square? the bottom of the trunk has on each side a 2in high lip that takes 6 in. 3 from each side. so the very bottom of the box could be 34" but in between the wheel wells is 4". should i try to use this space? or disregard it? i calculated it would be about 1 cuft. could i use 3 w6's and or should i stick with 2? 3 would be easier on the subs cause they each would get the exact about they need and not overpower or over drive them. and for my last question. is there any updated software that helps design these boxes ( i used winisd and i had to input the w6v3 TS into the system) or is it based off guru knowledge that i must seek out and ask for their help and pay for designs. which i would absolutely do is someone can design me a box for my car. thx for reading.
dsw422 Posted July 1, 2016 Report Posted July 1, 2016 I can help u out with a design later this weekend.. but youll need to post all of you max dimensions. And you'll need to build in your trunk cuz I kno from experience that the trunk opening doesn't allow a good sized box to fit.. especially if u want to go with a 4th order.. 2014 Ford Focus SE Sedan Factory Sony 10 Speaker Sound System 1994 Ford Bronco Dual head unit (i kno) Sony door speakers Kenwood Rear Speakers Custom Center console in the works. will house an NVX NSW10" https://m.facebook.com/WinnsCustomCarAudio/
Mariothadon Posted July 1, 2016 Report Posted July 1, 2016 Hmm I have a Dodge Charger as well !!! Welcome aboard!!
_paralyzed_ Posted July 1, 2016 Report Posted July 1, 2016 You'll need 1 cubic foot of airspace per w6.
Charger939 Posted July 2, 2016 Author Report Posted July 2, 2016 thx for the replies. DSW ill take some exact measurements for you. Mario, THanks! what year is yours? i got the 2007 superbee Paralyzed. thanks for the info. i kinda remember that. and also people use the 2:1 ratio. but i really can do that in my car. i have about 6.4CUFT i can work with. if i cat get it ti work, ill change my ideas and subs. I emailed PSI about their subs cause the offer custom ones. and i was thinking yellow baskets and cones to match my car. they said their lvl 3 would work, but i would need to specifically boost my amperage. they take 2500 - 3500 watts rms and i only have a helix spxl 1000 and its only 1600w @ 1ohm
dsw422 Posted July 2, 2016 Report Posted July 2, 2016 You should be able to squeeze more than 6.4 gross out of ur trunk if u build in the trunk.. the box I built for an 07 was 6.3 gross. You'll want to take every measurement possible. And don't worry about ratios.. how do u want it to sound? Is this for a daily, competition, or show off setup? What type of music do u listen to? I would also suggest before u build it into the trunk, do what u need to do in the tire well. Upgrade battery in there and maybe add another battery or 2 if u can in there to help power what u want.. 2014 Ford Focus SE Sedan Factory Sony 10 Speaker Sound System 1994 Ford Bronco Dual head unit (i kno) Sony door speakers Kenwood Rear Speakers Custom Center console in the works. will house an NVX NSW10" https://m.facebook.com/WinnsCustomCarAudio/
Charger939 Posted July 3, 2016 Author Report Posted July 3, 2016 Thx dsw. I'll take all the little measurements today. Doig my girls car today with all Fosgate. I imagine after adding the new battery and wiring under there I won't have much space left. I measured the little triangle space I can use behind the seats and the little rectangle space under the box and I get almost 1.2 cuft more to use. If I used 3 w6's would that be to much space or should I stick to just a pair?
dsw422 Posted July 3, 2016 Report Posted July 3, 2016 Thx dsw. I'll take all the little measurements today. Doig my girls car today with all Fosgate. I imagine after adding the new battery and wiring under there I won't have much space left. I measured the little triangle space I can use behind the seats and the little rectangle space under the box and I get almost 1.2 cuft more to use. If I used 3 w6's would that be to much space or should I stick to just a pair? What rectangle space are you talking about?.. and I'll pull out my computer in a bit and see what space 3 w6 12s will perform well 2014 Ford Focus SE Sedan Factory Sony 10 Speaker Sound System 1994 Ford Bronco Dual head unit (i kno) Sony door speakers Kenwood Rear Speakers Custom Center console in the works. will house an NVX NSW10" https://m.facebook.com/WinnsCustomCarAudio/
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.