Second Skin Audio

Question For Bandpass Experts

K. Going to try my first bandpass because guy at kicker swears i will be very impressed. this is going in a friends ranger, doing a cut through. the question is this, he said in the ported section that will extend into the cab could be slid in or out to where i needed it in the cab. But wont this change the tuning freq. quit a bit? i dont have the specs with me but i think the ported section was 5.4cf with 125 sq. in. port. that is a fairly large port that will be changing air space if it is moved in or out of box. ive always heard bandpass boxes have to be built dead on. HELP PLEASE! Oh yea the subs are 4 L7 12's with two zx1000's

Yes a bandpass will be crazy for those subs. You will have to set up the front (closes to the cab) side of the box in the bed and have the port cut out to spec. Slide the port forward and back till you get it where you want it. Find the port displacement for the part remaining in the box and add that to the required internal volume (hope this makes sense). Personally I would build a dual tuned bandpass for those (my favorite of the bandpass boxes but much harder to design) one chamber will be tuned higher and the second chamber will be tuned lower to widen the bandwidth.

I am not a bandpass expert but I enjoy building them, in fact I am in the middle of building one for 2 10w1v2 JL's that looks (on the computer) like it is going to be pretty loud (significantly louder than ported). It is for a good friend of mine so I am not making any money on it, paying customers are first priority so it may be a little while before I get it installed. If you don't have a program like bassbox pro you can send me the specs on the woofer and I will plug it in and see what it recommends for a bandpass.

2003 Ford F-150 Reg Cab layin body on 26's

2003 Tahoe 3/5 drop on 26's with a 408cid Supercharged engine.

2011 Camaro 2SS 2005 VW GTI Stage II ECU, CAI, 3" turbo back exhaust, FMIC, lowered 2" on some plastidipped 18's

2003 Hayabusa lowered, stretched, cams, nitrous and custom paint

Archived