Second Skin Audio

Help with ported or aero box design for 2 ab 8"

I want to put 2 of these ab 8" in the truck silverado. I dont know what is best a aero or ported box. This is my area i have to work with as you may see in the pic. The Height 1 and Depth can be either one: Untitled2.png

Ok, so how would it sound if i made it aero port with this specs: 32width, 11height 1, 9height 2, 16depth with only 1 port tube at 12.5 inches in depth and 4 inches in diameter? I got a net volume of 1.92 with 34.24Hz.

OK, so with that amp lets figure you will get about 600 watts out of it. I would suggest using a slot port since a single 4" aeroport probably isn't going to be enough port area. Two 4" ports would be enough, but they will have to be so long as to be impractical.

I'd shoot for 1.5 cubes net volume and at least 20 sq in of port area, 25 would be better.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

at

OK, so with that amp lets figure you will get about 600 watts out of it. I would suggest using a slot port since a single 4" aeroport probably isn't going to be enough port area. Two 4" ports would be enough, but they will have to be so long as to be impractical.

I'd shoot for 1.5 cubes net volume and at least 20 sq in of port area, 25 would be better.

Keep in mind the box's height is the average of both sides.

This is for the box height set at 10 (Height1- 11" and Height2- 9") ------Best i could do is 1.47 cubes net. Port area of 21.25. Port w-2.5" h-8.5" l-25.5" at 36.5hz

This is for the box's height set at 10.5 (Height1- 12" and Height2- 9") ------ 1.72 cubes net. Port area is 22.5. Port w-2.5" h-9" l-25.5" at 34.57hz

the displacement for both subs are .146, as for the Height 1 and 2 see the first pic i posted if you get confused

What made you pick that one? I was going for the 2.25 with 36hz, but ill go with the one you said lets see how it goes.

Well you definitely want the greater port area of the 2.25" wide port, so that rules out half of your choices. A 35 hz tune is a good place to be with those subs, so that's why I picked it. However there isn't going to be a large difference in performance between a 34 or 36 Hz tuning. Any of those choices should work well.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Archived