Jump to content
Sonic Electronix

Recommended Posts

Posted

I have had this issue pop up in several cars I have had systems in, but have always been able to figure out this issue rather quickly. This time its different , I can not come up with a conclusion to get rid of this whine I have through the interior speakers. I thought it might have been my older rca cables, so I ordered a set of SMD rca's. once installed the noise completely went away. My wife went to the store later that day and came back with the noise I though was gone. Since then I have not been able to get rid of it. I also tried installing my wife's head unit in my car that has no whine in her car, of course it whines in my car. I know its not the head unit. Any ideas on this one would be greatly appropriated.

Would a alternator going bad cause this issue. Going off the gauges, seems like its working well, as in functioning.

List of what I have, or done if it helps.

2005 Ford Escape
-SMD rca's, ran down the middle of the suv
-Pioneer AVIC-8100NEX/XNUC
-Pioneer ND-BC8 rear camera
-Rockford Fosgate T400-4
-XM sat receiver
-Sundown SCV-2000D
-Sundown 1) X12 V.2 D2
-SMD fuse block
-SMD power and ground block
-stock alt
-SMD battery indicator
-SMD fan thermostat
-Yellow top optima battery
-0 gauge power and grounds
-battery ground to chassis
-ground from engine to chassis
-power wire from alt to battery
-using the ground from the rear of car, where the amps are grounded,also tried alt locations with no sucess
-tried disconnecting anything extra, such as engine ground, alt power, xm radio, battery meter, fan thermostat,, phone charge, radar detector, nothing helps.
-installed a second head unit only to have the same issue
-grounded the rca's, makes worse
-tried a ground loop isolator, makes worse

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 875 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...