Possible issue with Alpine CDE-265 BT

Hi, dont know if this is right area for this question and this might not even be a head unit issue but ill ask it anyways and if someone thinks ill get a btter response somewhere else in the forum let me know and ill ask it there. Anyways, a few days ago im out to pick up dinner for my family. I just got a new NVX JAD 800 and since i dont get alot of time to wok on my system, usually when im out and about ill pull in to some random parking lot somewhere and work on my system for a little bit. My system is as follows front doors: pair of cdt audio 62.2 components. Back doors: 2 kickers: Sub: pair of rockford fosgate 12 inch p3's in ported enclosure. my amps are now an nvx jad 800 4 channel, and a rockford fosgate 1200 watt monoblock. So as im waiting to get food, i swap out my old 4 channel amp for thew new one. Took old remote wire and ground and power from old amp and put it on new one. Took old rcas from old amp and plugged them into new one, took old speaker wire from old amp plugged it into new one. Thats it, nothing else changed. Problem, my subwoofer now does not output any sound. Not that the sub is even plugged into the new nvx four channel, but that was what changed in my system so i thought it was pertinent somehow. I have checked my amp and it powers on, and it does not have fuses on it because it requires an inline fuse so by powering on I believe the amp is fully functional. I have tested my subs on my friends amp and they are fully functioning. For good measure i replaced the speaker wire to my subs, i have checked my rcas and they appear to be fine. So basically WTF!!! I posted this in this forum because i think the issue has something to do with a setting on my Alpine cde-265 bt. The reason i think that is cause when i first got this head unit, i had the same issue and it turned out to be a setting issue. Of course i cant remember what I changed to get it to work, and this time around ive changed every relevant setting i can think of all to no end. Logically there is no way that the new nvx amp could have anything to do with it, cause it is on a totally separate channel completely independant from the sub and on totally different set of rcas, but as i stated before, that was the only thing that changed and before that change with the old 4 channel the sub still worked. Does anyone else have this head unit who has experienced this problem? Or has anyone experienced this problem with a different head unit who could shed some light on how they fixed it. Any info or help or tips would be much appreciated.

Did you disconnect the battery(s) or unplug the headunit at all while doing the 4ch swap? If you did cut power to the HU then I'm guessing there's a menu setting that allows the subwoofer channel to be switched on and off, and since you say this happened when you first installed the deck that it defaults to sub off. Do some menu diving and make sure the sub out is on. You might have to turn the HU off to access the correct menu, my wife's car has a Sony deck that makes you do this.

Ill go ahead and post the fix for this on the off chance that someone else with this head unit has been pulling their hair out trying to fix this. Anyways, as anyone who owns this head unit knows, there is a reset button on the upper right quadrant of the deck, right next to where you would insert the cd. Now, from my experience you push the reset button and hold it on for about ten seconds and then turn the car off and back on and that resets it....mostly. I dont know if this is a quirk on my specific head unit alone, but i have found that pressing the reset button resets like 90% of the deck but seems to leave about 10% of the settings in somekind of limbo. For me, this results in the subwoofer not receiving any kind of signal at all from the deck. As anyone who owns this deck also knows, Alpine released a highly anticipated but also pretty lackluster and crappy android app called Tune It to go along with this deck, that allows you to tune the deck via android device and also look at other peoples setups and settings and apply those to your deck to try them out on your setup. Now, dont stop reading here cause the fix to this issue doesnt involve having to permanently rely on the tune it app or anything like that, but you do have to use the tune it app very briefly to fix the problem. What you wanna do is download the tune it app to your device, create an account and do all the preliminary crap and then conncet the tune it app to your head unit via usb or bluetooth...whatever is easier for you. Then, your gonna want to either download and applyl someone else settings onto the deck, or create your own settings and apply it to the deck. Before this happens, the app and/or your headunit will advise you that all the settings on your deck will be erased and that the new settings will be put into use. Say yes or agree or whatever and allow the settings to be erased. Bam, problem solved, for some reason using the tune it app is better than using the reset button on the deck, and the app is able to thoroughly reset your deck 100%. After the reset, you can redo all your settings the way you want, without the tune it app, and everything should be fully functioning the way it was before. I dont know why this problem even began for me, and i dont know why the app works better than the actual reset button, but all i know is that i figured this process out, and after I did it, my sub and system returned to full functionality. Like i said, i doubt anyone will ever read this with this same problem on this same deck, but on the off chance someone finds this forum with the same issue, congratulations you just hit the jackpot and hopefully will save yourself weeks of stress frustration and anger and be able to fix your problem easily. I would urge anyone having similar issues with this deck....where one part of their system just suddenly seems to shit out for no apparent reason to try this method to see if it works for them, i feel like there is a pretty good chance that it will. Hope this helps.

Archived