mosconi dsp 4 to 6

i have a mosconi dsp 4 to 6 but i dont have the remote, will putting the dsp in really make a big difference in sound ? i i have a alpine head unit i believe 146 bt , focal krx2 6.5 in front and stock bmw speakers in back. running them is a old eclipse 5 ch amp 3455 or something. sounds good but dont know if it would sound better or just be a headache to put the dsp in. rthis is in a 1991 bmw e34 m5.

Honestly, unless you're willing to put in the time deadening the doors, and working on the speaker placement/install in the doors, the DSP isn't going to be fully utilized. Yes it can be used to make the sound stage in your car somewhat better, however you'll see more gains with it once may other areas of the car have been address addressed.

well thanks again for the feed back. The speakers are not in the doors on this car. they are in the kick panels in front and in the package tray behind the rear seats. I kknow it takes time to setup, and the time delay i think will help but the the main thing iam looking for is the eq. It has a 30 band eq for each channel. I made enclosers for the front speakes but left the rear ones alone. The rear seemed to have pretty good bass response for stock.

DSP can be powerful tools when used properly, it just takes a lot of testing and tweaking to get there. Having control over: Time Alignment, Equalization, Phase Adjustment, and Cross Over Point(s)/Slope for each channel in your car is a lot of variables to wrangle together.

Archived