Sundown Audio

Amp for zv4 12

Bigwheelw

I have a Sundown zv4 12 with dual 1 ohm voice coils. They have I have from the last system I had is an execution audio EA 1000.1. My question is should I get a second day 1000 .1 + run two amps 1 per voice coil or I was also looking at this SOUNDSTREAM T1.6000DL any ideas I have about 350 to spend

Being a dual 1 ohm sub you can wire up to 2 ohm or wire down to .5 ohm. Do you plan on buying another zv4 D1 sub or no ? If you plan only using that one sub i would say get a FSD 1600 ($300 or less) wire down to .5 ohm, add a second battery and do the big 3 in OFC 1/0.. your $350 budget only covers your amp but you need to spend another few hundred on your electrical, its important to make sure your electrical is good especially when you wire down your amp past its recommend ohm load. I hope my input was helpful, if anyone else has inputs please join in.

I plan to just use one zv. Will that amp be alright running at 1/2 ohm in my daily driver? I plan to run new bigger wires when I get the amp. I did the big three now, and have Monster brand 4 gauge currently with an extra battery in the trunk. I know that the opti drive runs .5 ohm and isn't too expensive, but is it good? Would it be better to get one that's stable at .5?

Do your research, its your build and money. The FSD 1600 is korean made and with proper electrical .5 shouldnt be a problem, also music is dynamic so your impeadence load is changing with every frequency so its not always reading .5 ohm

The soundstream 6000 or what ever is .5 ohm stable (according to their website)

Archived