Johnathon Gettys Posted September 1, 2016 Report Posted September 1, 2016 I got 4 10 pioneer champion series pros like premier 's I need help building a 4 th order band pass specs 49 width and 30 depth and 22 tall is as big as want to go
Triticum Agricolam Posted September 1, 2016 Report Posted September 1, 2016 What model number is the subs? What vehicle? What amp? What are you goals for the system? "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
Johnathon Gettys Posted September 1, 2016 Author Report Posted September 1, 2016 2000 Toyota 4 runner ts-w257d4 on 2 audiopipe 1500
Johnathon Gettys Posted September 1, 2016 Author Report Posted September 1, 2016 I want to do good spl but really want it to hit every not 45-20 hertz if it can
Triticum Agricolam Posted September 1, 2016 Report Posted September 1, 2016 3000 watt is too much power for those subs, they are only rated for 350 watts RMS. The main problem is their relatively small Xmax. At much over rated power you will likely have over excursion issues and will destroy the subs. If you already have the amps you can use them, you will just need to set your gains so you aren't getting much over 700 watts out of each amp. A bandpass box isn't going to do what you want to do. You will be much better served by a regular ported box. I'd suggest a 6 cu ft ported box tuned to 32 Hz with 80 sq in of port area. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
Johnathon Gettys Posted September 1, 2016 Author Report Posted September 1, 2016 I got maybe 600 rms out of each amp per 2 subs Wat I clamped last time
Johnathon Gettys Posted September 1, 2016 Author Report Posted September 1, 2016 Ts-w2502d4 Wat the number says on magnet I just pulled them out sorry about that
Triticum Agricolam Posted September 1, 2016 Report Posted September 1, 2016 OK, yeah those are totally different subs. So with that in mind, your subs should be able to handle the power from your amps just fine. They will need to be in a smaller box though. Pioneer actually recommends a really small box for those, .9 cu ft per sub. I'd suggest going a little bigger at 4 cu ft total for the four. Tune to 32 hz with 70 sq in of port area. Be sure to set your subsonic filters to 27 Hz. Those subs have very little Xmax as well so you will need to be careful and have your subsonic filter set appropriately. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.