Thoughts on this QWTL design

10 oz total, spread out through the line.

The amount you need in here in HornResp:

0PLdvon.png

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Yup.

That total is only there if you are in the "Schematic" view.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."

Builds:

Yup.

That total is only there if you are in the "Schematic" view.

That was my problem. I was trying to look at it in the power menu. So, is it normal for excursion to go crazy right below tuning?

That was my problem. I was trying to look at it in the power menu. So, is it normal for excursion to go crazy right below tuning?

Yup, just like a ported box, below tuning the line unloads and the sub starts to perform like its in free air.

Builds:

Yup, just like a ported box, below tuning the line unloads and the sub starts to perform like its in free air.

I figured that was what was going on. It was just unloading HARD. Like it would be at its lowest at tuning like normal but then not even 1 Hz later would be at Xmax

Yeah, that's due to the size of the line. With a smaller displacement line the increase in excursion would be more gradual. This line is roughly equivalent to a 6 cu ft port box, which is really huge for a 12" sub.

Builds:

Yeah, that's due to the size of the line. With a smaller displacement line the increase in excursion would be more gradual. This line is roughly equivalent to a 6 cu ft port box, which is really huge for a 12" sub.

Could this be helped by making the line area smaller?

A little bit, but not a significant amount.

The best way to deal with it is a properly set subsonic filter.

Builds:

A little bit, but not a significant amount.

The best way to deal with it is a properly set subsonic filter.

I'm honestly just thinking about buying an eq for my sub stage. My little baby sub has an in-line highpass crossover at 50 Hz that takes quite a bit if power frim the sub and the big boy is just connected straight to the amp. If I got a decent DSP or whatever for the sub stage I could reduce the peaks in the T-Line, put a specific sub sonic filter on and put a high pass crossover on the little sub without sacrificing power right? Unfortunately the NU3000 I got didn't have the DSP built in or I would just use that and deal with the lower output from my little sub.

Archived