Second Skin Audio

Need Help With Aero Port

Colby88

Ok, so here's what I got. So I assumed ft^3 was your max dimensions without including drivers or anything. So, after driver displacement (2*.106 ft^3) you have 5.788 ft^3. I'm thinking you could go with a 10" Aero port that is 26" long. After the displacement of the port, you should have around 4.6 ft^3. After bracing i'm thinking you should have around 4.3 ft^3 (could be more or less). This will have you tuned at ~38.5 Hz at 1000W you shouldn't be past 16 m/s and at 1500W you shouldn't be past 20 m/s

This is the Transfer Magnitude Graph:

ONubbFD.png

This is pretty much showing you have the driver will respond in this enclosure. Now keep in mind that with this kind of tuning that you won't have a whole lot of low end. I know your guy said he wanted it to be tuned higher but just a heads up. Luckily the cabin of a car helps to boost those lower frequencies but non the less.

Also keep in mind that all of these numbers are approximations that are based off of assumptions I made. Results could vary slightly depending on the specifics. Any questions, comments, concerns, suggestions?

Ok, so here's what I got. So I assumed ft^3 was your max dimensions without including drivers or anything. So, after driver displacement (2*.106 ft^3) you have 5.788 ft^3. I'm thinking you could go with a 10" Aero port that is 26" long. After the displacement of the port, you should have around 4.6 ft^3. After bracing i'm thinking you should have around 4.3 ft^3 (could be more or less). This will have you tuned at ~38.5 Hz at 1000W you shouldn't be past 16 m/s and at 1500W you shouldn't be past 20 m/s

This is the Transfer Magnitude Graph:

ONubbFD.png

This is pretty much showing you have the driver will respond in this enclosure. Now keep in mind that with this kind of tuning that you won't have a whole lot of low end. I know your guy said he wanted it to be tuned higher but just a heads up. Luckily the cabin of a car helps to boost those lower frequencies but non the less.

Also keep in mind that all of these numbers are approximations that are based off of assumptions I made. Results could vary slightly depending on the specifics. Any questions, comments, concerns, suggestions?

So no port noise correct?

Nope, shouldn't be any port noise. The recommended threshold to be below is 30 m/s and you're at almost half that with 1000W. You could put 2000W onto that system and still be well below (I wouldn't recommend over powering your subs unless you know what you're doing). One problem that I forsee is that I don't know where you can get a 10" Aero port unless you make one (probably would't look all that professional).

2 6" Aero ports at 18" long would get you ~38.5 Hz and your net volume would probably be in the upper 4.xx ft^3 after bracing displacement. Your port velocity would max at ~23 m/s at 1000W which is still below the recommended 30 m/s

We can make it 34''w 16''h and 20''d which will give us 6.2 cubes without displacement which is external

and then for internal it would be 32.5''w 14.5''h and 18.5''d which gives us 5.04 cubes and with displacement it comes down 4.10 cubes which isn't including like braces and stuff which should bring it to 4 cubes total so if that would make it easier we can do that with 2 12in they would be .206 cubes and 2 6in ports of .702 cubes of displacement if that makes since

We can make it 34''w 16''h and 20''d which will give us 6.2 cubes without displacement which is external

and then for internal it would be 32.5''w 14.5''h and 18.5''d which gives us 5.04 cubes and with displacement it comes down 4.10 cubes which isn't including like braces and stuff which should bring it to 4 cubes total so if that would make it easier we can do that with 2 12in they would be .206 cubes and 2 6in ports of .702 cubes of displacement if that makes since

How did it go from 5.04 to 4.1 ft^3?

How did it go from 5.04 to 4.1 ft^3?

well that was with my max so i changed my dimensions a little and brought it down a little and someone told me that two 6in ports 20in long would work

Ok, I see what you did there. Here's what I did

your internal dim. would get you ~5.045 ft^3

Displacement of subs plus displacement of two 6" x 20" Aero ports is ~.86 ft^3

5.045 - .86 = ~4.19 ft^3

Lets assume you'll use .19 ft^3 in bracing (could be slightly more or less). That will get you to ~38.5 Hz and port velocity should be less than 22 m/s on 1000W of power. Your f3 will be at about 31.75 Hz and peak before cabin gain gets to it is at 46 Hz.

Archived