Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hey guys, just wanted to post up my build I have in my DD. I have a 2003 Civic for a beater, 4 door, decent enough but the stock speakers were terrible. Here's what i've got so far:

Head unit: Sony MEX XB100BT

Front: Hertz DCX 165.3

Rear: Stock (looking to replace with matched set same as front)

Sub: RF P300 10 powered enclosure (8GA power)

I chose this setup because I wanted to be able to hide everything. The bass knob is inside of the little coin drawer, the head unit looks exactly the same as the cheaper model, and the speakers will be entirely hidden when the car is locked. Also, I'm disabled so occasionally my wheelchair has to go in the trunk. I didnt want 1/2 the trunk space to be taken up by a sub, so this fits perfectly. It's also plenty loud and sounds pretty good.

Improvements i'm looking to make are possibly sealing the doors a bit better, because the crossover would be better if it could go to 80hz, but the way the doors are now it loses too much. Any suggestions on how to improve that are welcome. I also noticed that the crossover slope for the sub has three settings in the head unit, and nothing really says what they do. From what I can tell it seems to be how steep it is; 1 being shallow and 3 being the most steep. I set the HPF to be 1 and the LPF to be 3, as it made some drum notes a bit boomy with the LPF on 1. Tested with some Metallica and the steeper LPF slope was much better.

Comments/suggestions welcome.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 1604 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...