My Power Drops Down To 10.5 How Much Bass Do I Really Loose?

If your voltage is dropping to 10.5 then you have drawn everything out of the battery , and will cause heavy strain on your alternator. Low voltage causes your amps to clip then sends power in the form of heat to your subs. This is why you smell the subs burning unless confined in trunk. Just because your voltage drops to 10.5 does not mean your battery is dead. Your alternator will bring it back up. (just wont last long) Make sure you run the car for a bit without the system on before shutting it off to get a little charge back to your battery. Note: this is a small bandade , try a charger at night. Adding a battery will help but you still will not get them full. Get a charger that charges at 16v to get a full charge on both batteries.

Agree. Adding a second battery. And if your voltage is that low a charger a night wuold really help. Also upgrade the big 3 asap. What kind of system do you have and electrical?

We got him hooked up now. Since he was a local we got him a bigger alt and a module now he sits at around 14.8v on a 79 monte carlo. With the upgraded Dogleg or L shape plug module and a pully swap (to v belt) on the cs144 alt he now has a solid 150amps. His stock alt was the older 2 flat pin plug putting out 45 to 60 amps. Keep us posted on the module thanks glad we could help.

MLA

missinglinkaudio

r91ks0.jpg

The United States Marine Corps. When it absolutely, positively has to be destroyed overnight - even if "it" belongs to the base commander...

We got him hooked up now. Since he was a local we got him a bigger alt and a module now he sits at around 14.8v on a 79 monte carlo. With the upgraded Dogleg or L shape plug module and a pully swap (to v belt) on the cs144 alt he now has a solid 150amps. His stock alt was the older 2 flat pin plug putting out 45 to 60 amps. Keep us posted on the module thanks glad we could help.

MLA

dang you guys seem to be the best thing that happened to car audio. i gots to get me a misslink

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

dang you guys seem to be the best thing that happened to car audio. i gots to get me a misslink

Yeah Mr. Manson you need to hurry the hell up and stop tripping!!

Member since 25 Jun 2006

2011 Yukon DenaliCustomLightz 4300K HID RetrofitEsky TailsEsky Third BrakeEsky 22sEsky Appliques

hypothetical to show the point:

lets say max currents drawn is 100a

and lets say we have a 100% effecient amp (doesnt exist)

most with a stable electrical will have 13-14.4 full tilt bumping hard so

100 x 14.4 x 1 = 1440

100 x 10.5 x 1 = 1050

so in a perfect world the least you lost would be 390w in this example

take into effect the efficiency of most amps (70-85%) the actual wattage your playing is much lower than you think

now imagine your an spl competitor and running 400a on 10.5v, you lost 1560w out of 5760.... so low voltage really does make difference

not to mention amplifiers pull more amps at a lower voltage, so they work harder, get hot, create distortion and poooof....

no more bass :mad:

hope the hypothetical example helps

Damn i got the ohm law bandwagon started today lol

Car-96 blazer 4 door

Amp- Us-Amps M2D2

Front stage- Infinity Reference Comps 6.5

Subs- Undecided open to all offers and opinions

You had to have it all

Have you had enough

You greedy little bastard

You get what deserved

When all is said and done

I will be the one

To leave you in your misery and hate what you have become

Hello,

Thank you we try to be informative and give more info than you need, to understand the voltage issue not just sell you something you have no clue about. Thanks guys ,

Very grateful ,

MLA

missinglinkaudio

r91ks0.jpg

The United States Marine Corps. When it absolutely, positively has to be destroyed overnight - even if "it" belongs to the base commander...

You are loosing tons. For most new amps that use unregulated power supplies voltage = life. Your close to dead at that voltage. You either need another battery, a 2nd battery, an alternator, larger gauge wire or a combo. In some cases a cap will help but most new amps will eat caps up in a matter of seconds. I would start with looking at the total curret draw of the system. There's several possible cures, the voltage shouldn't ever get that low. What kind of stuff do you have?

Darvex468smd.jpg

We have him rollin now. We upgraded his alt to a cs144 140amp alt. with a module he's playing with 14.8v and 15.2v. We got him some bigger wire 1/0 of course from the alt to batteries. He still sees a drop to 14 but its back up in like 30 sec. He has 1 old acid batt and 1 yellow top. Its fine now besides the 2 btl 18" in the trunk his lids about to fly off. Thats a FI for ya LOL.

MLA

missinglinkaudio

r91ks0.jpg