Second Skin Audio

3 chamber 4th order bandpass for 2 PSI-8's

Xdq_21X

i designed a 3 chamber 4th order bandpass box design for 2 PSI-8's, dual 4 ohm, 600watt rms each, powered by Hifonics Brutus BRX1100.1D amp, wired to 1 ohm, i need help with a port for the ported area, i want a aero port tuned to 45hz....the dimensions are:

Outside dimensions:

Depth: 20in

Width: 31in

Height: 12in

Inside dimensions:

Width: 31in

Height: 10.5in

Both sealed inside chamber dimensions:

Width: 7in

0.85ft3

Ported area inside dimensions:

Width: 14in

i want to tune it to 45hz but i need help with the aero port i dont know how to calculate what size and length i need.

You will want at least a 6" aero port. If you could get two 5" ports, that would be a lot better.

Two 5" ports would need to be about 27" long to tune to 45 Hz.

A single 6" port would need to be about 17.75" long.

Whatever you do, I'd suggest making the port removable or otherwise adjustable so you can tweak the tuning once you get the box in the vehicle and playing. Tuning calculators aren't an exact science and you may want to shift the pass band up or down to get the frequency response you are looking for.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

You will want at least a 6" aero port. If you could get two 5" ports, that would be a lot better.

Two 5" ports would need to be about 27" long to tune to 45 Hz.

A single 6" port would need to be about 17.75" long.

Whatever you do, I'd suggest making the port removable or otherwise adjustable so you can tweak the tuning once you get the box in the vehicle and playing. Tuning calculators aren't an exact science and you may want to shift the pass band up or down to get the frequency response you are looking for.

dang...i dont have room for that size port in my trunk...any other options? could i add more ports and shrink the length or something?

dang...i dont have room for that size port in my trunk...any other options? could i add more ports and shrink the length or something?

No, that's not how it works. More ports or more port area mean the port has to be longer to keep tuning the same.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Archived