Sundown Audio

Need help with amp

crownvictoria31

Looking for an amp that will clearly push 8 PRV Audio 10MR1000 10" High Power PA Midrange Speaker 8 Ohm

could be a 2 channel where 4 mids would be wired down to 2 ohms per channel or a 4 channel amp. All 8 mids are 8 ohms. I'm looking for loud and clear sound. Anything out there worthy and not to expensive, maybe $300 below?

Get a PowerBass ASA1200.2X. I have one and for 150$ you won't get a better amplifier for the price. It's got the guts of what I'd assume to do atleast 800W per channel.

Peak they claim is 1200W but I doubt that.

The reason I know it can push that through 2 ohms is because the amp is in a constant "bridged" mode. The center positive and negative terminals are connected together inside the amp, that's why it's lowest ohm rating is 2 ohms, any lower and the amp would probably explode.

I recommend it because it's got nice clear sound with a HP or LP filter, or FP. It's also a class A/B, meaning it'll sound better.

You can pick one up for 150$ on eBay.

ou also posted the guts of this amp and asked if you should upgrade the "power supply a bit to crank a little more wattage out of this thing? The power supply in it isn't the best, nor are some of the components".

Did you ever do something to this or is it running great as is?

Run it as it is, the thing kicked my ass and left my legs feeling shaky after getting out of the car.

Even though I had an absolutely perfect box and sub combo, IDGAF, this amp made the subs get warm to the touch so I know it's pushing some hard power.

Give it a go stock, don't bother having someone mod it.

Archived