Sonic Electronix

First I want to say what's up? It's been a while since I've had any kind of music in my vehicle, but I just got a clean towncar and I'm trying to figure out what to put in it, what it had when I bought it was all factory, radio 6x9,6x8, so far I changed to radio to a true double din with backup camera (planet audio) and two sets of the ct sounds strato 5.25 component sets just cause they were cheap, I'm gonna replace later, I'm here asking for some help to design a system, I plan on getting two SQ hds315 and putting them in the trunk, but I'd like to get some help with the front stage, I'd like to keep it clean not fiberglass everthing but open to all! Thanks in advance

Any towncar owners out there? Looking for some inspiration!

An audio system is honestly one of those things where it's, "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder".

Basically, what would YOU want in it? Want to be heard 3 blocks away? Put some 15's in it with a couple alts and blow your windows off.

Want clean sound and bass just for fun? Throw a single 15", maybe 2 12's and keep it clean.

So here's my question if I went with one hds315 what would I need as far as mods and highs? I was thinking of going with some rf punch pro mods and tweets! Say four mods and two tweets?

Just upgrade the mids and highs. An amplifier is also gonna be needed if you want to be able to hear any vocals, considering that subwoofer can really pack a punch if put into a good enclosure.

I personally prefer PowerBass for amplifiers when it comes to sound quality and also their component speakers sound great.

I used to have a system that was made of nearly all PowerBass equipment, If you're looking to get loud and clear their tweeters are smooth, they're not able to handle much wattage but you'll get good sound out of them.

If I were you, I'd go search around for what you like. I know you're looking for advice, but look around for sound sample or places where you can actually hear equipment being played.

Such as your local car audio shop, they've usually got displays with many types of speakers you can listen to so you can go and search for ones meeting the specs you want.

It's took me about a month before I decided on what 10" subwoofer I wanted in my Buick, along with all the speakers, radio, etc. I just went to many different places until I found what I wanted.

Archived