svtman79 Posted December 11, 2016 Report Posted December 11, 2016 Can anybody help me with a download for the Torres software? I can not find a good one anywhere.
DLHgn Posted December 11, 2016 Report Posted December 11, 2016 https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/12084540/TorresBTC.rar
svtman79 Posted December 11, 2016 Author Report Posted December 11, 2016 Thanks I will give it a shot. I am trying to build a port through box for my 05 mustang convertible. I have built a box with an external port and I want to make sure it is tuned properly. Some calculators say I did and others said it is way off.
DLHgn Posted December 12, 2016 Report Posted December 12, 2016 Well, if you give me you net volume, port area, port length and what kind of port it is (1, 2, 3 or no common wall OR an areo port) I can help you with determining your tuning.
svtman79 Posted December 12, 2016 Author Report Posted December 12, 2016 The box external is 35 wide 12 tall and 12 deep. 3/4 mdf. the port is an external square port. 3.6 in tall by 3.6 in wide and 12 in long on top a 3/4 mdf plate bolted to the face of the box. The calculator i used shows 33 hz. Putting either 2 skar vd-10's or sundown e-10's in it with a skar lp 1000 amp.
DLHgn Posted December 12, 2016 Report Posted December 12, 2016 I'm getting that it should be tuned to about 35 Hz given those specs assuming the skar vd. Shouldn't be varied a whole lot is using the sundowns. Just a heads up though, that may not be enough port area for those two 10's. Skar recommends about 17 in^2 for one of their subs and you have 12.96 for two. Just a friendly heads up
svtman79 Posted December 12, 2016 Author Report Posted December 12, 2016 Yeah I saw that. Originally I had a 6" port but I couldn't get enough length for the port. As it sits now in the trunk with the port almost touching where the cab meets the spot that holds my top I have about 8 inches of room left until the box hits the back. What are you coming up with for 5 and 6 in port for length to keep the tuning between 35 and 33 hz? I had toyed with the idea of putting a 90 degree bend in the external port and then another 90 degree turn back towards my rear seat to make up the length. Can you upload pics on here? I can show you the box if so.
svtman79 Posted December 12, 2016 Author Report Posted December 12, 2016 I am showing about 25 in of port length with a 6 in x 6 in square port to keep my tuning. I could modify my box to except a 6 in x 6 in square port. I just need to figure out how to make up the extra 12 in. I have plenty of mdf left so I can make what ever. Thanks for your help by the way.
DLHgn Posted December 12, 2016 Report Posted December 12, 2016 I got 24" for a 5 x 5 port and 36" for a 6 x 6 port.
svtman79 Posted December 12, 2016 Author Report Posted December 12, 2016 Do two 3 in ports equal one 6 in port for port area? I could do it either ways. I could make a long 6 in or two 3 in ports. My box is easily modifiable.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.