Second Skin Audio

X15 4th order

dsw422

Hey guys,

Designing a 4th order for a single Sundown X15 on 3000 watts.. I'd like advice on the design I have come up with..

Rear chamber : 1.0 cuft 

Front chamber: 3.5 cuft tuned to 42hz.

Thanks for any input

2014 Ford Focus SE Sedan

Factory Sony 10 Speaker Sound System

1994 Ford Bronco

Dual head unit (i kno)

Sony door speakers

Kenwood Rear Speakers

Custom Center console in the works. will house an NVX NSW10"

https://m.facebook.com/WinnsCustomCarAudio/

I'd would consider increasing the rear chamber size to at least 1.5 cu ft.  This will increase the below tuning performance a bit and will bring the sealed resonance down to be closer to the front chamber tuning frequency.   You could go as big as 2.0 cu ft but excursion starts to get a bit high below 32 Hz. A properly set subsonic filter would be required.  Using a subsonic filter isnt a bad idea regardless of rear chamber size just to protect the sub from thermal stress when trying to produce output at frequencies it isn't going to do well on anyway. 

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

2 hours ago, Triticum Agricolam said:

I'd would consider increasing the rear chamber size to at least 1.5 cu ft.  This will increase the below tuning performance a bit and will bring the sealed resonance down to be closer to the front chamber tuning frequency.   You could go as big as 2.0 cu ft but excursion starts to get a bit high below 32 Hz. A properly set subsonic filter would be required.  Using a subsonic filter isnt a bad idea regardless of rear chamber size just to protect the sub from thermal stress when trying to produce output at frequencies it isn't going to do well on anyway. 

Thanks for ur response.

That was the exact reason I was going for 1.0 cuft rear chamber (too limit excursion). I think I'll go with what u recommend. Thanks 

2014 Ford Focus SE Sedan

Factory Sony 10 Speaker Sound System

1994 Ford Bronco

Dual head unit (i kno)

Sony door speakers

Kenwood Rear Speakers

Custom Center console in the works. will house an NVX NSW10"

https://m.facebook.com/WinnsCustomCarAudio/

Archived