Second Skin Audio

Noticeable Difference?

infkt

Well i just made my first box and when i first checked the specs it said it was 40hz tuned and not when i check it says 43 and to make it any lower like 40 or 38 will be hard but will i notice a difference between 43 and 40 or 43 and 38?

the specs for the box are 42Lx18Dx18H and a port of 9x9x16

The main question is will i notice a difference

yes.

it will be more punchy and some songs might sound "empty," like jeezy's white girl cause its has notes ar 32hz, well below the response of that box. it wont sound bad, but higher bass should spound great

alot of suvs that bassrace are tuned around 43ish so its all install dependent

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

yea like on sean paul - u ain't slowed the first note is really loud then the next lowest note just vibrates everything and the last one just pushes air there really isn't any bass in it. how should i go about lowering the frequency without building a new box?

you would have to make the port longer, or decrease the enclosure volume

making the port longer is easier cause you can just add to the outside or you will have to make a new box

playing songs below the tune frequency of ur box is one of the ways you blow/bottom out ur subs

u aint know goes down to low 30s, maybe even high 28s; with ur box the enclosure no longer assists in controling cone movement which is why u can bottom out/reach mechanical limits easier/faster

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

if you tune to 38, u should be able to play 34-35hz and up without damage, anything below that the sub starts to unload and loose its ability to control itself

sometimes the cone moves so much u smash the voicecoil former against the backplate, major mechanical damage

so just be careful when playing songs that are lower

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

well i guess imma build another box unless there is a way to separate wood with liquid nails holding it together. if not imma buy 2 sheets and rebuild. if i love lows and don't care much about 40hz songs i like 35 and below whats my best freq to tune to 33?

depending on subs

but mostly yes

that is a sweet spot, i like anywhere from 30-36, otherwise it isnt very flat of a response where it needs to be

the best installs take multiple boxes to sound the best

what subs/amps

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

Archived