Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

HDC3 or LMSR on MTX 81001 1700 watts


Recommended Posts

Posted

I have a HDC3 and a LMSR 12's they are both dual 2's both never seen power.I have a 2 cu ft box tuned to 32hz.I have a Mtx 81001 the cert sheet says 1700 @ 1ohm.I originally was going to strap 2 together but wasn't thinking because the amps strapped would be 2 ohm.So I may just run the one amp its all I have for now anyway and look for 3500 watt amp later.For now which one would be  better on the 1700 watts the HDC3 Or the LMSR I know the HDC3 is power hungry.I realize the amp is not pushing enough power for either but want to get by for now.Any advice anyone could give would be a greatly appreciated I haven't been on here in forever so thanks a head of time....

Posted

Swapping subs is easy, but I personally would start with the HDC3. Its a stiff sub but I think it will still get going on that power. 

I do also know that TC sounds sub is nice. It could be louder on lower power. Who knows. Put on in and listen, if you think it can be louder, put the other one in. 

In the long run the HDC3 will be louder if you power it properly. But on lower power its a difficult to say.

 

2008 VW Jetta

Team Fi 12 

CT 4000.1

CT 125.4

PWX 6.5

80 PRS

EB Flex 2/0

Second Skin

^^^ Build ^^^

Posted

ok thanks as far as strapping 2 amps(mtx 81001's) for the power I want that will put the amps at around 2oms and the sub is dual 2.I know there are a couple factors like box rise or something and something else to factor that it  wont be actually 2 ohms ?

Posted
23 minutes ago, johnsnyder49090 said:

ok thanks as far as strapping 2 amps(mtx 81001's) for the power I want that will put the amps at around 2oms and the sub is dual 2.I know there are a couple factors like box rise or something and something else to factor that it  wont be actually 2 ohms ?

If the sub is D2 it will either be wired at 1ohm or 4ohm. I'm not super knowledgeable on strapping amps. In your case (I think) if you strap at 1 ohm, you're running each amp at .5 ohm. Or you will wire the sub at 4ohm and run each amp at 2ohm. 

One of the factors is box rise, but with a 2cu box, it wont be a super big deal. 

 

2008 VW Jetta

Team Fi 12 

CT 4000.1

CT 125.4

PWX 6.5

80 PRS

EB Flex 2/0

Second Skin

^^^ Build ^^^

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8907 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...