Sonic Electronix

Been beating on my American Bass XFL 10, and the box is around 1 cubic ft. After awhile of use, i realized that it's too small and the port isn't tuned right. Ie, sounds real airey on the lows. Afterall the box was meant as to just to test it out. I'm working with a 2000 Cherokee XJ. Anyone got ideas on what size i should do and if i should do an aeroport or regular square

How much power are you running?  Aeroports are tough to fit in boxes that size. 

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Thats a fair amount of power into a small box.  Its going to require a significant amount of port area.  The only way an aero port is going to work is if you have it sticking halfway out of the box.  My suggestion would be to use a slot port.  I'd shoot for 1.25 cu ft net airspace, 30-34 hz tuning, and 20 sq in of port area.  

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."

Builds:

20 minutes ago, Triticum Agricolam said:

Thats a fair amount of power into a small box.  Its going to require a significant amount of port area.  The only way an aero port is going to work is if you have it sticking halfway out of the box.  My suggestion would be to use a slot port.  I'd shoot for 1.25 cu ft net airspace, 30-34 hz tuning, and 20 sq in of port area.  

Thanks man it means a lot. Also thinking about invert mounting it. It gets hot here in fl and ik it would help cooling plus it would look good with that motor

1 minute ago, carsontinsley said:

Thanks man it means a lot. Also thinking about invert mounting it. It gets hot here in fl and ik it would help cooling plus it would look good with that motor

Yup, sounds like a good plan to me!

Builds:

Archived