well.. i have stock cat and flowmaster 40 exhaust.. can i still do that soapstone thing ? just watch where it stops burning ?

you can still do it, i was just saying thats how we did it on the race cars.

but yea put your muffler closest you can to the motor, and then off of that do the soapstone trick for the optimum pipe length for your motor, and remember every motor is different, so someone else might need longer pipe or shorter pipe and have the same exact motor

First Gen Xterra: Always changing

DNX 690HD

RF 360.3
RF T3002
RF T4004
RF T10001bd
Silver Flute 6.5"s
Tang Band 1" Tweeters
Sundown X18 in 7cubes net tuned to 32hz

Trust me .25 Blows your Load.

Backpressure helps the engine make more power, tourqe and horsepower increase with backpressure. When you loose or take off you muffler and run a straight pipe with no sort of device to make back pressure you loose power and gas mileage! It was the stupidest move ive ever made putting a glasspack on my Jeep. Lost 4 miles to the gallon driveing the exact same way!

Thats wierd, i put a glasspack on my blazer(4.3L Vortec) and i'm getting about 3 mpg better. this is before and after i added my pipe to the back and put my 3.5 tip on. idk. i had it straight piped right behind the caddy and i gained 2 mpg of my original 11 or 12 per tank off the stock muffler. i do have a air intake chip and cold air intake. but i never saw an increase untill i messed with my exaughst. so i don't know.

Bills

KwB

Team DC Audio Midwest captain

well..

what i heard was you need the sweet spot..

too much back pressure would be a little harder on the engine and would decrease power and fuel mileage... and too little would do that same.. ?

i guess its different for every engine

well..

what i heard was you need the sweet spot..

too much back pressure would be a little harder on the engine and would decrease power and fuel mileage... and too little would do that same.. ?

i guess its different for every engine

Thats right. The concept is the same for every naturally aspirated engine but the amounts will vary.

Mark

99 Eclipse Spyder