Second Skin Audio

Fi Q 12 Box Build For Lexus ES330

Sv05lex

Hey so I'm trying to make a new box for my Fi, I currently have the one I built with the specs off SSA's Websites from FI and it hits pretty nice. The reason I want to rebuild is to get more space out of my trunk and try out a Aero Port. Bass Box Pro is telling me a 4 inch Aero 10.76 in long. Last box I designed was a 4th order blow through that didn't sound that great so I scrapped it and i'm trying a regular ported again. 

Anyone with experience with Aero's think one 4 in will be ok for my fi 12 on 1500 watts? 

Also I'm trying to decide if I should fire it up towards the back deck of my lexus ( theres only about 3 inches of room so i'm kind of hesitant) or just fire it out the side?

Last thing is I don't know if It would be worth the extra work but I could possibly try and seal off the trunk and fire the sub forwards and port up. Let me know what ya'll think 

Lexus Box.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/15/2017 at 4:46 PM, Joe X said:

No way a 4 in port will be enough port area, a 6 in would barely be enough but it would be pretty hard to fit since it would need to be rather long.

Ya I just checked and it says 29.68'' for a 6'' port. I may be able to make that work if I put the sub all the way to one side. Is there a rule of thumb you usually want for distance from magnet to the end of the port?

thanks

For the port you will need about 6" clearance on either end, for the driver just leave enough clearance for cooling, same as the diameter of the pole vent, the distance from the sub to the internal end of the port should be as apart from each other as possible, if they have to be close maybe two times the diameter of the port would suffice.

Archived