Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Soundqubed HDC3 12" DIY box build


jimdog32526

Recommended Posts

Posted

OK, well now that the parade is out of the way. I did manage to get in some work.  Friday night I worked till midnight making another bottom support for the other side.  Thats now done.  Then Today, I got me a router Table from lowes and some bits and went to work on the grill.  It was super fun to figure out how to make it cool, but I got it done.  I think it came out fantastic looking.

Heres the Table with Both side bottom grill supports in place.  I also have the grill pieces clamped in place to mark them and drill the holes for the mounts.
20171111_190226.jpg

20171111_190231.jpg

20171111_190234.jpg

So for the grill, I measured the wood pieces so they completely overlap.  Then I set my router table at half the depth of the stock, then took out half of the thickness of each piece, then they sandwich together and come out perfect.  I glued them all up and its pretty damn strong.  Then I put a 1/4 round over bit in the table and rounded over all the outside edge.

20171111_203541.jpg

20171111_203548.jpg

Then I stretched my speaker grill fabric over the frame and stapled it all down.

20171111_205539.jpg

Flip it over, looks awesome.

20171111_205547.jpg

This is the ball and socket retainer I am using.

20171111_205721.jpg

20171111_205724.jpg

20171111_205729.jpg

The final look.

20171111_205808.jpg

20171111_205814.jpg

Came out pretty good.  I could have done a little better on the fit, but its good enough for me. I need to put in a few more of the ball and socket retainers to get it lined up a bit better.  

Looks pretty slick.  This will keep everything under the table kind of stealthy.
It really makes it look like one giant speaker box.

Posted

Well its all wired up and ready to install.  I will connect the other speakers once its in place.

I flipped it upside down to wire it.  It is much easier to do from that orientation.

20171112_145853.jpg

Then I got the signal lead wired in.
20171112_145932.jpg

And the sub amp all wired up.
20171112_173503.jpg

 

Speaker wire runs are all Nice and neat.

20171112_190648.jpg

20171112_190708.jpg

20171112_190727.jpg

20171112_190733.jpg

20171112_190741.jpg

20171112_125257.jpg

20171111_224514.jpg

 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 2010 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...