Second Skin Audio

need opinions

broly

first off. i have a sealed pioneer 12” TS-W304R sub powered by a Dual XPR52 amp. i bought the amp brand new from walmart. the sub however i bought used from a friend on facebook. now the sub is rated 1200 watts max 300 nomial @4ohms. the amp is a 400w max at 4ohm bridged. now it works good and all i have the bass boosted to 12db and the gain less than 1/3 of the way and the cross over off because i can control that through my headunit. when i play it for a while around 20-23 volume level i smell something burning i cant tell what it is tho either the amp or the sub. both are warm but the amp is definetly the hotest. so i sensed it was that. i would open the back window and let air cool it off as im driving. but i came home and put my face near both the amp and the sub and it smelled more like the sub was causing the smell more than the amp could be. but the amp isnt nearly putting out the power the subs needs so what could be causing this smell? the amp never went into protection or anything. the ground is good wires are correct size and wired properly. not having any electrical problems whatsoever

You are clipping the shit out of the signal. Turn the bass boost off. Set the gains properly, saying they are at 1/3 means absolutely nothing. The gain is based on the preouts of the headunit. FYI that amp is complete trash.

Archived