Sonic Electronix

Bored At Work, Making Lists, Many Questions

I've heard best buy gives better deals on stuff than cc, my buddy works at cc and to get the best deals he's gotta order through certain manufacturers and take bs tests and what not. Unless of course you have a manager that likes you and doesn't mind doing things that could get himself fired that is! One manager he had got taken to jail for discounting stuff! The car audio manager though hooked me up on 6x9 boxes for a customer of mine, charged me like 10 or 12 bucks and I sold for 40 or 50 bucks! Gave me one of the tsunami fuse blocks that were 30 bucks.

Best buy has a better in store discount but it's not about the in-store stuff at ccity. It's more about the online accommodations direct from manufacturer. Usually 50-70% off msrp depending on the brand.

and of course the stores carry different product

cc has kicker, polk, mtx, pioneer and i think bb has alpine, fosgate, and sony? not sure though. they may have kicker also. I don't keep up with them.

but yea have some nice deals for employees . . . only problem is that generally you don't make enough working there to get anything nice of the order . . . good thing cc is my secondary job :)

also CC used to be pretty lax on their "open box" stuff for employees. My manager took a couple hundred off my camera, camcorder, tv, and other stuff I've bought in store. They can't do that anymore due to change of policy/ownership.

Except when they have open box items! They can hook you up with open box items but I'm not so keen on that unless it's something cheap and small. I couldn't buy a tv open box.

How high up are you? My buddy started I think at 9.50 or 10 bucks an hour and I'm pretty sure he's up at 13 or 14 now. He just moved up to customer service supervisor from tv section. IMO that's a pretty decent salary he was a dollar less before he got the promotion, and now he says he does even less than he did before and he's getting paid more. Said last Friday some wacked out lady came in from Pontiac (pretty poor area of michigan) and was p-ed off because she missed the mail in rebate expiration date and poured pop on like 12 laptops in the store causing 12k in damages! That sucks!

How long you have to wait to get the stuff? My buddy ordered all polk for his bonneville and it only took a few weeks to get the stuff...

Except when they have open box items! They can hook you up with open box items but I'm not so keen on that unless it's something cheap and small. I couldn't buy a tv open box.

How high up are you? My buddy started I think at 9.50 or 10 bucks an hour and I'm pretty sure he's up at 13 or 14 now. He just moved up to customer service supervisor from tv section. IMO that's a pretty decent salary he was a dollar less before he got the promotion, and now he says he does even less than he did before and he's getting paid more. Said last Friday some wacked out lady came in from Pontiac (pretty poor area of michigan) and was p-ed off because she missed the mail in rebate expiration date and poured pop on like 12 laptops in the store causing 12k in damages! That sucks!

How long you have to wait to get the stuff? My buddy ordered all polk for his bonneville and it only took a few weeks to get the stuff...

depends on the brand, kicker comes in less than a week, polk tells you ahead of time 4-6 weeks to ship. My last big kicker order came in like 4-5 days.

I am just a sales man, makin 9.75 now. I was offered the Roadshop Supervisor position but I turned them down because I make 19.12 at my other job. I just work at CC on Sundays. You see some strange things working in sales. People do very strange things when they are trying to steal something or are pissed off. I love it when some guy tries to act all tough and curse and yell at the girls working the customer service counter. I'm the first one they call up there (me = 6' 5" 320 lbs) lol. I've had some fun at that store, very laid back work environment.

Yeah it's definitely a laid back good atmosphere! I have yet to find one I'd actually want to work at down here in Texas though. The CC and BB down here in general suck, I don't like them and the people that work at them are pretty big douchebags. I happen to like fry's down here (didn't have these in michigan) but the people that work in there are worthless for the most part.

Oh yeah you get the road shop manager spot man you can make some really really good money. My buddy was saying his roadshop manager gets 1600 dollar bonuses every month if not more money, mainly from putting out a good number of cars with remote starters and what not.

Edited by aquill1

Yeah it's definitely a laid back good atmosphere! I have yet to find one I'd actually want to work at down here in Texas though. The CC and BB down here in general suck, I don't like them and the people that work at them are pretty big douchebags. I happen to like fry's down here (didn't have these in michigan) but the people that work in there are worthless for the most part.

Oh yeah you get the road shop manager spot man you can make some really really good money. My buddy was saying his roadshop manager gets 1600 dollar bonuses every month if not more money, mainly from putting out a good number of cars with remote starters and what not.

from what i hear the roadshop manager spot is halfway commission based. But the job I have now is far superior to any job at that worthless place.