is this a good replacement battery? http://www.odysseybatteries.com/battery/pc1500.htm

It fits and has more output than stock. I am currently experiencing voltage drops and waiting on price quotes for HO alternator. So is a 200 or 250 amp alternator and this battery a good match?

Very similar price to powermaster 2400 and appears to have better numbers. Again I AM NEW TO batteries looking for any advise or suggestions.

EDIT: and its side mount

Edited by techaninna

Rebuild coming soon

is this a good replacement battery? http://www.odysseybatteries.com/battery/pc1500.htm

It fits and has more output than stock. I am currently experiencing voltage drops and waiting on price quotes for HO alternator. So is a 200 or 250 amp alternator and this battery a good match?

Very similar price to powermaster 2400 and appears to have better numbers. Again I AM NEW TO batteries looking for any advise or suggestions.

EDIT: and its side mount

Those are great batteries for many applications. The Odyssey battery is a straight lead battery - no calcium / tin / antimony / selinium or other crap. Since it is a VRLA battery you need to monitor the charging voltages, and keep it from running over 15.0 volts. It will not explode at 15.1 or anything stupid like that, but continued charging at high voltage will cause gassing near the end of charge - and the vent valve will open. Not a big deal if you see 15.5 volts for a couple of minutes on a cold morning, but you should not charge them on a big shop charger for an hour at 16 volts.

The REAL Odyssey manufacturer's website is HERE, and you can read the whole manual on the battery HERE.

A good match up with a high output alternator, and easy to charge. You may not even need one of my modules.

'Link

missinglinkaudio

r91ks0.jpg

The United States Marine Corps. When it absolutely, positively has to be destroyed overnight - even if "it" belongs to the base commander...

Pretty honest reply, I respect that part about may not even need one of your modules. Just shows your not out to make a buck but educate people. So I am pretty set on this battery.... still looking for HO alternator though. What is the real difference between http://www.nationsautoelectric.com/ext/order.html and http://www.nationsautoelectric.com/ad244.html. I know it says dual rectifier but what is that? Also any bought from these guys?

Rebuild coming soon

Pretty honest reply, I respect that part about may not even need one of your modules. Just shows your not out to make a buck but educate people. So I am pretty set on this battery.... still looking for HO alternator though. What is the real difference between http://www.nationsautoelectric.com/ext/order.html and http://www.nationsautoelectric.com/ad244.html. I know it says dual rectifier but what is that? Also any bought from these guys?

Two very different alternators there. What exactly are you putting this on?

The AD244 is some of the best engineering in Delphi's line. Dual internal fans, Avalanche type rectifiers, easy brush service. A stock AD244 is a 145 amp unit, and is happy to run at full load for long periods of time. Chris has a pair in his H2, charging 13 Kinetik 2400's. Tough units. The internal regulator is bolted to the case, and has good overtemperature protection. I have seen the pair in the H2 hot enough to hurt yourself on a time or two...

The CS144 series is a good choice for older vehicles that need a spool mount for drop-in installation. The CS144 is a 140 amp unit stock, with a single fan on the front of the case. A good unit.

The "dual rectifier" modification makes me nervous. That assembly is just the same rectifier that is inside the case, hanging off the back. It has plenty of surfaces on it that are "live" electrically, and they get HOT thermally. The one mounted inside the alternator has good airflow because the air is forced to move through it. The one outside of the case has no ducting for airflow. The added length may keep you from mounting that unit in stock locations, and the exposed rectifier presents a short circuit hazard that could be a real mess if you dropped a wrench on it...

I have not heard anything particulally bad about that company you linked to. If you are buying an alternator of any kind be wary of the inexpensive import clones. A real AD244 has " DELPHI AD44" cast as raised letters in the front of it, sort of wrapped around the pulley area. CS144's are no longer produced by Delco/Delphi, but original ones have "Delco Remy USA" cast as raised lettering on the rear case next to the regulator plug.

The biggest issues I have seen with the import clones is the use of cheap (leaky) rectifiers, which generates considerable electrical noise. They do not use the avalanche (zener) type rectifiers either, so there is no clamping of spikes over 20 volts. Second complaint is usually mechanical noise from cheap bearings & housing mis-alignment. They tend to ship the reject parts along with the top quality stuff...

'Link

missinglinkaudio

r91ks0.jpg

The United States Marine Corps. When it absolutely, positively has to be destroyed overnight - even if "it" belongs to the base commander...

It is going on a 02 chevy avalanche. Stock is 105 if that helps. After I posted I realized it was two different cases. I completely understand your concern on a dual rectifier. I have been reading more since post and in a daily driver a rectifier outside the case could be a major issue. I am almost 100 percent sure its an it is a small case AD244 if thats possible. I have read about large case and small case alternator for this engine 5.3 v8 not sure what years. Any suggestions will be helpful as I am still a little confused. I plan on ordering the odyessy battery this weekend, then install it and check voltage at full tilt then making a final selection on an alternator.

Rebuild coming soon

It is going on a 02 chevy avalanche. Stock is 105 if that helps. After I posted I realized it was two different cases. I completely understand your concern on a dual rectifier. I have been reading more since post and in a daily driver a rectifier outside the case could be a major issue. I am almost 100 percent sure its an it is a small case AD244 if thats possible. I have read about large case and small case alternator for this engine 5.3 v8 not sure what years. Any suggestions will be helpful as I am still a little confused. I plan on ordering the odyessy battery this weekend, then install it and check voltage at full tilt then making a final selection on an alternator.

Your Avalanche came with an AD230, which is a "baby" AD244. The mounting holes & regulator plug are the same, so it is 'plug & play". The optional alternator was an AD244 rated at 130 amps. I have never seen a stock AD244 that would not make more than that.

You can get a reman AD244 at the local chain parts store, and see if that is enough power for your system. Or you can step straight into a HO version from Nations / Ohio / Quick Start / Spring Hill / Rush / HO / etc. I am sure I left some out,

Just remember that you need an AD244 with the 4 pin plug for your vehicle. Keep in mind that the 244 was designed to make 140 amps for hours at a time, and that while you may be able to push one to twice that - it will not live as long, and will get pretty hot doing it. An AD244 making 190 amps gets hot enough to blister your skin if you touch it.

'Link

Edited by missinglink

missinglinkaudio

r91ks0.jpg

Is your engine the 5.3L? if so here is a price list from irragi!

I have an 03 Yukon XL 5.3L and this is what he quoted me.

Here you go..

220 $359
240 $379
260 $399
280 $419
300 $439
Dual alternator bracket kit $199
Triple alternator bracket kit $299
Quad alternator bracket kit $399

Thanks, Dominick Iraggi

Team Deadly Hertz

Your Avalanche came with an AD230, which is a "baby" AD244. The mounting holes & regulator plug are the same, so it is 'plug & play". The optional alternator was an AD244 rated at 130 amps. I have never seen a stock AD244 that would not make more than that.

You can get a reman AD244 at the local chain parts store, and see if that is enough power for your system. Or you can step straight into a HO version from Nations / Ohio / Quick Start / Spring Hill / Rush / HO / etc. I am sure I left someone out, oh well.

Just remember that you need an AD244 with the 4 pin plug for your vehicle. Keep in mind that the 244 was designed to make 140 amps for hours at a time, and that while you may be able to push one to twice that - it will not live as long, and will get pretty hot doing it. An AD244 making 190 amps gets hot enough to blister your skin if you touch it.

'Link

Thank you for all the info I will start looking around. Now it is a 4 pin plug but only two wires coming out of the top of it.<<< the one currently on my truck. Again thanks for all the information saves me from reading and dissecting all the marketing schemes out there.

Rebuild coming soon

Is your engine the 5.3L? if so here is a price list from irragi!

I have an 03 Yukon XL 5.3L and this is what he quoted me.

Here you go..

220 $359
240 $379
260 $399
280 $419
300 $439
Dual alternator bracket kit $199
Triple alternator bracket kit $299
Quad alternator bracket kit $399

Thanks, Dominick Iraggi

Thank you for this info as well haven't tried to get a quote from him yet due to the fact I have read on here he is very busy.

Rebuild coming soon

i was told that Odyssey,Scosche,& Stinger batteries are made by the same company, is this true

H/U Pioneer deh80prs w/ HRT iStreamer Ipod DAC
Front stage is active, 4 Morel Elate 6.5" & 8 CDT DRT26 tweets
amp running 4mids, Mosconi Audio 300.2
amp running 8tit & alum tweets, Mosconi Audio 200.2
8 12" Ascendant Audio Chaos. amps 2 Digital Designs M4'z
box is a 4th order band pass
batts. 1 XS Power D3400 under hood,6 D3100 in back
2 XP 370 amp DC Power alts.
MLA module 15+volts
All in a 97 2door Tahoe LT

2010 West Coast Reg. 140-149.9 Bass Race Champ

Team Bass Hz