Second Skin Audio

Wall Spec Help! 2 SSA Evils

na6miata

Hi everyone,

I have a buddy that I will be building a C-Pillar wall for in an 07 Pilot. He has two SSA Evil 15's (the original 3250rms ones) on a Soundqubed 4500. Plans to switch to two 4500's. We have determined that a 4th order will be to big in the space. I am familiar with torres but having issues with figuring a few main parameters. For the life of my I can't figure WINISD to help either.

Main questions are:

What is a good net volume, tuning, and port area? I was told 8 net for the pair, 31HZ with abouit 15.5 sq.in. of port area. Would anyone agree? This is mainly for music in the mid 20hz-35hz range but have also though about making the port removable to having something a bit higher around 35-40hz tuning just for some local competitions.

Also, what box specs would change going from one 4500 to 2?

Max Size is about 31 tall 26 deep and 40 wide

A user on this forum has a calculator that will assist you. it will answer your questions because it employs his theory that port size is based not only on tuning, but on power density (wattage / airspace).
Credit goes to Triticum Agricolam.

- 2009 Toyota Matrix Base -

- iPad 64GB -

- miniDSP 2x4 HD -

- PPI Art a200.2 -

- SoundQubed SQ-2200.2 x 2 -

If you're gonna go with a higher tuning you're probably gonna need more port area. 15.5 inches of port in an 8 cube net box for two 15's seems rather small (unless you were referring to 15.5 per cube). Port area requirement goes up as tuning goes up. 4 cubes per driver for those 15's is fine. Adding power won't change your box specs but if you plan on overpowering them I would not build the box too big. Smaller ported box = flatter response around tuning and less efficiency and less port speed and group delay (better sq). However, Joe X and Triticum are the real masters here. Both those guy's advice is why my box sounds so good. Before this forum I didn't know shit. I still have much to learn.

Archived