Sonic Electronix

1st baby from sundown needs a box

So I'm replacing a JL W0V3-4 in a sealed (premade) box and JBL GTX500 amp with a sundown SA12 D2 and a sundown sae1000d-v2. Idk why I thought it would have more impact than it does...so big ol upgrade time! I found the box design on sundown website and was curious if anyone on here had any tips or tweaks for that build?

Thanks SMD people!

On 4/7/2018 at 6:15 AM, MasonJ said:

So I'm replacing a JL W0V3-4 in a sealed (premade) box and JBL GTX500 amp with a sundown SA12 D2 and a sundown sae1000d-v2. Idk why I thought it would have more impact than it does...so big ol upgrade time! I found the box design on sundown website and was curious if anyone on here had any tips or tweaks for that build?

Thanks SMD people!

Bigger impact meaning you already installed new equipment and you're not happy with the output? I actually have a really good single sa-12 box that pounds and it's a simple single baffle run of the mill custom box ( no frills or even 45's!!) With a slight modification of the design I'm sure it'd be even louder. Help me post a pic of it if you know how and I'll go over it as well as improvements to it. 

The JL/JBL combo is currently running and just isn't enough, the Sundown equipment comes tomorrow and the box building will begin. The plans off sundowns site comes out to about 3 cubic feet I believe and tuned to 35hz. I'm handy as hell, but this is my first box build so I'm probably over planning a bit.

IMG_20180409_230533.jpg

Archived