Electrical for SQ S12250

16 minutes ago, Johnny Munoz said:

Big three on the the way but cca cause ballin on a budget haha that's why I went with the soundqubed amps I know ofc is best but is there anything wrong with runnin cca on a daily ?

Not wrong...just not as good as it could be.  You are already talking about adding a $500-600 alternator and running around 5kw RMS....  That little bit of more money will be well worth it.  I read a write up here on SMD comparing CCA vs OFC and the other costs related (fusing and distro blocks and etc...etc...) and even though the actual cable costs more you will need less of it and those other parts to achieve the same effect...the end result cost of OFC was about the same or better than OFC.

Orion XTR amplifiers

Skar subs

Sounds reasonable I geuss I can find someone locally to unload the wiring I have now since it's unopened and some is on the way I was looking on sky high and the ofc kits aren't thet much more I'd be in at around  $500 in wiring and miscellaneous odds and ends alone then about  $900 in for 3 d3400's and $400 for the alt the electrical is about to surpass the actual audio equipment ?

6 hours ago, Johnny Munoz said:

Sounds reasonable I geuss I can find someone locally to unload the wiring I have now since it's unopened and some is on the way I was looking on sky high and the ofc kits aren't thet much more I'd be in at around  $500 in wiring and miscellaneous odds and ends alone then about  $900 in for 3 d3400's and $400 for the alt the electrical is about to surpass the actual audio equipment 1f602.png

Well, if you already have it!  Use it! ...but yeah, the quality of cable and how it is installed can make or break a system.  I have put in about $250 worth of wire and fusing and related stuff, but the amp was only $135.  The speakers were about another $200.  I did the big three with CCA though, which should be fine because they are short runs.

Orion XTR amplifiers

Skar subs

Archived