Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Need a little help deciding on type of box to build


Recommended Posts

Posted

OK so I'm building a wall in my car and I'm getting close to having the shell done. I have about 26-27cf internal not counting any port or internal baffles (if I go 4th or 6th order).

I'd like to try a series tuned 6th order but I've only ever done ported. I have 2 Ampere Audio 4.0 15's and I was playing around with bass box pro and was thinking 9cf for low box and maybe 14 for the high side but not sure on how much port I need for both. The low side i was thinking maybe 90 in square for the inside and maybe 280 for the outer one. Does that sound like a decent start?

My other option is to just go with what I know and do a flat wall. I'm looking for something that can get pretty loud and play LOWWW, definitely not going to be a number chaser. 

I guess another reason I wanted to do a 6th or 4th is so I can mount the subs facing into the box to see the motors lol. 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3117 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...